intelligent tremolo/octave/arpeggiator

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Roll

Reaction score
hi guys, do you pls know it there is any company making some programmable tremolo fx units where you could lets say program a certain tremolo pattern e.g TA-TA-TA-TATA and add lets say a slight +1octave/-1 octave to it or possibly even arpeggiate chords and notes (lets say something like Muse - Map of Problematique intro sound)

This might help, it's a rig video done by Dunlop featuring Matt Bellamy's tech.

Zvex makes a pedal called a Seek-Trem. It doesn't have presets, but it's a sequenced tremolo.

I'm pretty sure the Map of the Problematique sound is a Korg Kaoss pad. I could be wrong, though.

ifailedshapes said:
I'm pretty sure the Map of the Problematique sound is a Korg Kaoss pad. I could be wrong, though.

I think the Kaoss pad is a manual control thing and after seeing a couple of live vids, Matt does nothing but hold a single note and the machinery apparently does the rest. I know he keeps scratching that thing in "Supermassive Black Hole" to make those scratchy whammy like sounds.

The Kaoss pad allows you to control two different parameters by assigning one to the x-axis and another to the y-axis, but it has lots of crazy patches in there. I'm telling you, the MotP sound is a Kaoss pad and a Whammy pedal. If you want a challenge, buy Guitar Rig (super cool software) and check out YouTube for some videos of how to cop the sound using software.

I'm a Muse fan myself actually and remember looking into his rig sometime back. If I remember correctly, I think he's using an Eventide processor for that particular song and effect. Eventide processors are awesome but super expensive. They do however make the Pitchfactor pedal which in Harpeggiator mode might be pretty close to what your looking for. Follow the link below and check it out arounf the 2:20 mark. Maybe this might help....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MeCIv66GPo&playnext=1&list=PL175A428478DE33E0

Latest posts

Back