I'm New Here too

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lespaulstandard

Reaction score
Ok, long story short, i'm getting enough cash to buy the amp of my choice in November, within reason, I'm thinking triple Rec, I've played them and love the sound. People have been telling me not to get it because of volume etc. but its only 3db more than the dual right? anyway i like the triple's sound more than the dual, what do you guys think i should go towards? :?:

Lespaulstandard said:
Ok, long story short, i'm getting enough cash to buy the amp of my choice in November, within reason, I'm thinking triple Rec, I've played them and love the sound. People have been telling me not to get it because of volume etc. but its only 3db more than the dual right? anyway i like the triple's sound more than the dual, what do you guys think i should go towards? :?:

First things first, Welcome!

Its not even close to a 3db difference. Maybe 1 at full whack. Its a 3db difference when you double the power. The primary difference is in headroom dynamics, in otherwords to get nice powertube distortion you have to crank it up even louder. This doesent bother some people since these amps are making the vast majority of their distortion in the preamp section. Another reason it sounds different from the other rectos is it needs uses a different output transformer to cater to its power rating. This is all completely personal prefference, so if thats the one you want, then get it!

However, as Vshine mentioned, there is a pretty strong consensus that the 2 channel model rectos do sound better than the 3, and I frankly agree.

Hey, and welcome!!

I have a Triple recto 3 ch head and I LOVE the tones I can get from it.... I also have a Rectoverb combo, which is a single rectifier, and I love the tones from it as well. They are both the same Recto sound, but the Triple is more of a thumping sound than the ROV and has tons more overhead... Which means it gets all it's distortion from the preamp where my ROV gets most of it's distortion from the preamp but it also gets a nice tube break up since it's only 50 watts. But for recording where you don't have to turn up as loud, the ROV can thump just as good as the triple.

I personally like the 3 channels myself, because it gives me another channel on the fly at live shows.

Thanks for the replies, sorry i haven't gotten back, i've been swamped with homework, its finals week and all that... :D

Latest posts

Back