I recorded my band with the TransAtlantic.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leadfootdriver

Reaction score
Shitty drums sound shitty. These are my Bass players cheap drums that are out of tune, and the kick drum was rockin' the open head on the outside, so there's not a lot of definition to it. But still it doesn't sound to bad. The Bass player was rockin a fretless, an I was playing my out of tune Ibanez with my TransAtlantic.

I just threw up the mics, and we ran thru some songs with no singer. Maybe next time I can get him on a recording. But the studio is open! I tracked this live with my 1604 mixer into my Fostex decks.

New mix! 10/29/2010

http://home.comcast.net/~leadfootdriver/Analog%203.wma

Very Good tone....can I ask you how you recored the TA?what microphone did you use?where did you put it? right in the centre of the cone?

I'm trying actually to record the TA but I've some difficulties in finding a mic position that sounds good (I use a SHURE SM 57).......

It doesn't have nearly the amount of gain as the original IMO. THe drum reverb is a little hoaky, but it covered up the sloppy, rattley kit. :lol:

I did use a 57 on this thru the Mackie 1604's preamp. Just stick it somewhere in the middle where it's not to dull, or harsh. Then always use that spot. Use your ears to match the tone when EQ'ing. Then it should work everytime, and you'll know what eq to put on it.

leadfootdriver said:
Use your ears to match the tone when EQ'ing. Then it should work everytime, and you'll know what eq to put on it.

do you mean EQ'ing directly the TA or EQ'ing trough the mixer (or software) controls?

thank you very much

tommo said:
leadfootdriver said:
Use your ears to match the tone when EQ'ing. Then it should work everytime, and you'll know what eq to put on it.

do you mean EQ'ing directly the TA or EQ'ing trough the mixer (or software) controls?

thank you very much

Try to match your recorded tone with the real tone. It helps to have the amp in the room where you monitor. It's possible to get it very close.

Here's another mix with a shorter reverb on the drums. The whole arena type reverb gets kinda' old fast I think. I also put a plain delay on the Geetar.

http://home.comcast.net/~leadfootdriver/Analog%203.wma

I forgot that I had pix of the session if you will. Like all' the light bulbs were burned out except for the one over the recorders. Gotta' love that brown fake wood paneling!

102010_21341.jpg

102010_21361.jpg

102010_21362.jpg

Latest posts

Back