I need help with a tapping solo for a gig next week!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blksolo

Reaction score
Hi all I need some help with a solo for a gig (well open mic night) that I have next week. The song is purple rain,and I want to do a tapping part during the solo. I came up with some patterns but they sound wimpy. I play it in the key of A. The chords are Asus2, F#min,E maj,and Dsus2. It would be one bar of each chord. I'm looking for something where one hand is going up and down the fretboard ala joe satriani "always with me" if you know what I mean. Nothing too crazy please lol.Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

There is also a dream theater version of doing purple rain as an instrumental that is very tasty (of course) floating around the Internet world you should be able to find pretty easy.

And say what you will about prince, I have seen about every live band I want to see, including dream theater 5x's and petrucci 7x's. Pantera and sepultura in their prime, Jimmy page and Robert plant, etc. But prince is still the most impressive artist live I have ever seen!! The man is a master of the stage and his enviroment!

Latest posts

Back