Humming

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carpediem666

Reaction score
hey guys

I have recently brought a NS2 Boss noise suppressor pedal. It works like a charm and kills all feedback plus unwanted noise!!

However on channel 2 i get a really bad humming noise. Its in the background but when the noise suppressor is switched on it makes it a whole lot worse!!

Any ideas??

I am using a Single Rectifier series 1 solo head through a mesa rec 2x12 and am using ESP guitars with EMG 81's in them.

How might are you running the preamp gain on that channel?

If you're running the NS-2 outfront, then it is only killing pickup and cable noise....preamp noise is still there....if you want to kill that, you'll need another suppressor in the loop of the amp.

The gain is about 3 o clock.

ahhhh so should i run the NS2 through the loop instead of in the input of the amp?

well i tried the NS2 through the FX loop but basically it did F***k All to my feedback problems.

I guess i just gotta live with the humming noise! its not too bad just when i kick in channel2!! lol

Mine just started humming and crackling a few weeks after retubing with a set of JJ's from Eurotubes. Just out of curiosity, what would the symptoms of bad caps/resistors be? Output transformer?

Jak0lantern01 said:
Mine just started humming and crackling a few weeks after retubing with a set of JJ's from Eurotubes. Just out of curiosity, what would the symptoms of bad caps/resistors be? Output transformer?

Caps going bad would give you ghost notes... humming/crackling is almost assuredly preamp tube related

Jak0lantern01 said:
Ghost notes?

Notes that can be heard on top of what you're playing that aren't harmonics.. it's very obvious once you've heard it but it's hard to explain in words. :)

Back