how much should I expect out of a Mesa Boogie Nomad 100

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomadlover

Reaction score
Mesa Boogie Nomad 100? It has a footswitch (without the eq button though - it's a nomad 55 switch), it was retubed in the late summer - It has a quad of JJ 6l6s with a Shaguang Silver Dragon in V1. In perfect condition, no rips no tears - a little dusty but I'll clean that up.

I'm selling this because the amp is just too darn hard to eq (won't be in the sales pitch) and it's too loud for my bedroom purposes.

What should I look to get. It's the Long Head version

I think the prices have dropped dramatically, but I may be wrong. I bought mine for 850 on sale. But it was 1000 for a long time.

I had a Nomad 100 212 combo for a couple of years. I sold it last fall when I got my Stiletto Ace.

The 100 was the only one in the Nomad series I liked. I attribute that to the graphic eq. Like the DC-5 I had before the Nomad, the graphic makes a HUGE difference. My Ace doesn't have graphic and sounds okay without one, but it's awesomely killer with the graphic I use in my rack.

To get the best out of the Nomad 100, I would bypass the internal speakers and run it through a closed back 412. My favorite setting was the orange channel on Modern.

IMHO, if all you're going to play is in your bedroom, Mesa ain't the amp company for you.

I'm actually doing everything you say. I still don't like it and it's turned up pretty loud. I just don't like it. It has no life.

Nomads are great and hugely underrated. It's not really a recto, but it shares 80% of the circuit. And I definately don't agree with it being lifeless... Ch1 is open and bright, and it doubles up as a superb lead channel with the treble and gain cranked. Ch2 is great for clean sounds in vintage or modern, and Ch3 nails the modern recto thing really well, and it's crunchy enough for metal without pedals. The clean sounds are among the best in the Boogie Kingdom. The trick with the Nomads is never to push the gain past 2 o'clock on ch2 or 3. They sound pretty good at low volumes (master ~2).

for what i have seen, the ballpark for'em is something like 700-900. but i have to say that the no-match footswitch will be a minus that will make the price drop a bit, since it's lacking the most desirable option in the Nomad100, the footswitchable EQ).

good luck on your sale. 8)

I'll have to agree that the amp whould sell in the $700 to $900 range, though probably at the lower end of that as you don't have the correct footswitch.

I also think the Nomad 100's are great. All you really have to do is scoop the mids using the graphic eq (think of the classic V shape). Really makes these amps come alive.

800 dude. that would be good. i love the nomad 100. exspecially in 50 watt mode.

and if all i was gonna do was play in my bedroom i'd still own a boogie. why the heck not ? is this some kind of working musician exclusive club or something ? secret hand shake ?

if its to hard to eq what are you gonna buy ? the one of those epiphone amps with the knob ?

just asking cause every boogie i ever sold i wish i had back.

Latest posts

Back