How much do Simul Satellites go for usually?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT_Marshmallow

Reaction score
All the time I find a new product that Mesa *used* to make that makes me say "wow, wtf..."

This time it was the Simul Satellite combo. What a great idea that was, but it seems they are quite rare now. Does anyone know how much these usually go for on the used market?

I beleive they got for about the same as a Mark III or a bit higher. Considering there were not very many of these amde and their relative rarity, it should be higher.

These amps are essentially a very clean, stripped down Mark III. Wonderful cleans, and with some good NOS preamp tubes and a clean boost pedal these have a killer overdrive that is perfect for blues and classic rock.

I have a Simul-Satellite that I've finally decided to get rid of. New to the board, so I have to get my ten posts in before I can list a classified. Probably gonna try to get around $700 for it. Have the combo shell (C-90) and rackmount for it, both in flight cases.

I have had a simul-sat combo twice before, both the 60 and the 85 watter. Paid, $400 & $550 respectively, both in mint condition. But that was a couple of years ago.

I'm a huge simul-satellite fan. I have a head that I picked up a couple of years ago. I paid more than Jazzgear and still think I got a good deal. They've been harder to come by lately and with the Mark IV becoming more popular (Petrucci and whatnot), I think the prices have gone up.

Cost aside, the simul-satellite is an incredible amp. If you want a true stereo field with your Mark IV, it can't be beat. It has the same power section options and can be set up to sound basically identical to the Mark IV. But it can also be set up differently for a different stereo feel. Here are some examples of how I set mine up in order to get best of both worlds stuff:

Mark IV in Simul-Class; Simul-Satellite in Class A
different graphic settings (one with the classic V, one with the highs boosted)
different presence settings
tone set to add more treble or bass on simul-satellite.

There are so many possibilities. The Mark IV drives the satellite signal across the stage (via a buffer) and I chain the graphic eqs via the mark iv eq switching jack so that I can switch them on or off simultaneously.

Also, the Simul-Satellite makes a great clean pedal platform. The preamp is simple and sounds great. I use it through a cab with my pedalboard all the time.

Just figured I'd add my 2 cents.

I loved mine but had a tough time getting more than $500 for it a few years ago. It was the most pedal-friendly MK I have ever encountered and had not only Simul-Class power but Tweed power as well, so it was super versatile. Too bad it weighed as much as any non EV MK did! I often wondered what you would get if you populated the rest of the PC board - the traces and labels were all there - what would you wind up with?

It also kicked all kinds off A$$ running a wet/dry setup in tandem with my MKIII 1/2 stack. That was a killer tone combo, but a bit much when it came to transporting all that power more than a few yards :lol: . Z

Picture255.jpg

Picture247.jpg

Picture240.jpg

I've got 2 Simulclass Satellites that I use in a W/D/W setup, too perfect to ever consider selling!. They work great in a myriad of settings with Boogies and all types of amps! One of the best accessories ever!

I got one a few weeks ago for a final price of $500. I love it with my MArk III. I was thinking of getting another one to use with a Marshall.

Zoner said:
I loved mine but had a tough time getting more than $500 for it a few years ago. It was the most pedal-friendly MK I have ever encountered and had not only Simul-Class power but Tweed power as well, so it was super versatile. Too bad it weighed as much as any non EV MK did! I often wondered what you would get if you populated the rest of the PC board - the traces and labels were all there - what would you wind up with?

It also kicked all kinds off A$$ running a wet/dry setup in tandem with my MKIII 1/2 stack. That was a killer tone combo, but a bit much when it came to transporting all that power more than a few yards :lol: . Z

Picture255.jpg

Picture247.jpg

Picture240.jpg

Zoner...I'm actually the guy that purchased your Simul-Sat a few years ago. Its been a great amp BTW. I never asked you but what make is the speaker that was installed? Thanks Zoner!

archelo17 Zoner...I'm actually the guy that purchased your Simul-Sat a few years ago. Its been a great amp BTW. I never asked you but what make is the speaker that was installed? Thanks Zoner![/quote said:
Hey, glad to hear you are enjoying it! I know it was a bit of a pain initially - did Boogie ever do right by you regarding the repair? As far as the speaker, I have no clue what is in there as it was there when I got it. Post a picture and the codes and someone here will be able to help you out. Welcome to the Boogie Board! Z

Thanks Z!

They actually did. They took care of me and I only had to pay for shipping costs of course. They changed a resistor i believe and that was it. I replaced the EL34's with 6L6's and its been its been working perfectly. I wanted more of a Fendery vibe for this amp.

I assume the speaker is not a Boogie and cant find any markings to ID the make. I'm not worried about it just curious to know who the manufacturer is.

Im actually kicking around the idea of selling it as I'm not playing out much and when I do, I end up leaving the Satellite because of laziness. It just sounds so good paired up with the MKIIc+ that I am extremely hesitant to let it go especially how hard they are to find now. I'll have to see what I do. Anyway, have a good one!

Latest posts

Back