How much did you pay for your rig?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Daisy. You talked me into buying a roadster and I'm still hearing about it. I have a crappy Epi Les Paul 100 which has a heritage cherry sunburst which was my first electric that I haven't touched in years. I think she'll notice when I suddenly start playing it all the time.

My biggest problem are the Sweetwater boxes that arrive at the door.

I've gotten pretty good and placing my orders on certain days that I know I can intercept.. :wink:

screamingdaisy said:
Pro tip: Your wife is less likely to notice new guitars if you keep buying the same colour.

OK that is funny! My wife has made the comment to me a couple of times, "they all look the same to me" or "wait, I don't remember you buying that one. When did you get that?" - but yes, she thinks I am crazy too. I prefer the ask for permission than forgiveness when it comes to another guitar.

As it stands now it's pretty reasonable

Mesa rectoverb - $500
Marshall 2x12 - $160
Gibson LP standard - $1100

I also use a boss flanger but I didn't pay for it
1760 total.

screamingdaisy said:
Pro tip: Your wife is less likely to notice new guitars if you keep buying the same colour.

I do that with amps . . . several big black boxes with Mesa Boogie written on it always do the trick for me 8)

She always go: "I swear that one had more knobs . . ."

Ah, women can be so naive sometimes :mrgreen:

if she only knew . . .

I don't remember, but am glad I didn't pay full retail.

IMG_0287_zps6508a704.jpg

IMAG0447.jpg

spamjam2010pics007-2.jpg

I literally have tons of gear but my most fortunate purchase happened last December. Last fall I was clearing out some old gear when I decided the 1971 Fender twin that had sat in my garage for 23 years since I traded it for a Gallien-Krueger 100ml or whatever that model was (2X6 mini amp) should find a new owner. With the money from that I bought a 1972 Fender quad reverb out of curiosity, it sucked so I sold it. I was on my way back from somewhere when I altruistically asked my wife if she still wanted that ring from the pawn shop she saw but money was tight when she first saw it? She replied "yes, as long as you don't buy any music equipment." But there it was, a Marshall TSL100 for $750.00, not bad, but I said no and I meant it. Then I noticed my friend's name on a road case, was the Mark IV that he sold for $1800.00 last year in it? Couldn't be could it? It was all I could do to not act excited. There it was, his mint Mark IVB wide body with EV. "How much for the boogie?" "Got to get $750.00." Gulp! "Will you take $600?" "$700.00, low as I go" "I've got $650.00 cash." "Sold." Wife wasn't happy but she got her ring and she bought her BFF a pandora bracelet for Christmas. That was my first boogie, 6 boogies later............., well I sold the dc-5 and studio 22+. Boogie fever!

Markedman said:
I literally have tons of gear but my most fortunate purchase happened last December. Last fall I was clearing out some old gear when I decided the 1971 Fender twin that had sat in my garage for 23 years since I traded it for a Gallien-Krueger 100ml or whatever that model was (2X6 mini amp) should find a new owner. With the money from that I bought a 1972 Fender quad reverb out of curiosity, it sucked so I sold it. I was on my way back from somewhere when I altruistically asked my wife if she still wanted that ring from the pawn shop she saw but money was tight when she first saw it? She replied "yes, as long as you don't buy any music equipment." But there it was, a Marshall TSL100 for $750.00, not bad, but I said no and I meant it. Then I noticed my friend's name on a road case, was the Mark IV that he sold for $1800.00 last year in it? Couldn't be could it? It was all I could do to not act excited. There it was, his mint Mark IVB wide body with EV. "How much for the boogie?" "Got to get $750.00." Gulp! "Will you take $600?" "$700.00, low as I go" "I've got $650.00 cash." "Sold." Wife wasn't happy but she got her ring and she bought her BFF a pandora bracelet for Christmas. That was my first boogie, 6 boogies later............., well I sold the dc-5 and studio 22+. Boogie fever!

dont you love histories like that?? 8)

Almost set finally, 1 more rack space and can't decide between another delay (this one with a tap) or an ISP Decimator so I can turn up the gain past 5 on my Triaxis with the strat, the noise is louder than my solos at this point:

Legacy 2x12 cab with V30s $250
Mesa Boogie Triaxis $900
Mesa Boogie 20/20 $450
Digitech GSP1101 $300
Roland FC-300 $200
Fender Standard Strat $1100
'79 Washburn Eagle a gift!

Latest posts

Back