How do you turn your Mark III effects loop on/off?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flip33

Reaction score
I have a Mark III that I would like to switch the effects loop on and off with. I would like a single latching switch and not an octopus of send, receive and power cords, otherwise I can just put the delay out front with all those wires.

All I would like to do is switch my delay on and off. Simple is good.

Any ideas that have worked for you?

For other switching this looks good: http://cgi.ebay.com/FOOTSWITCH-FOR-...66:2|39:1|72:1205|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50
switch [/url]

I sure am glad to see someone else now out there doing this! Voodooman raped hundreds of dollars off of some good folks.

I see that seller is in California so I assume it is not him!

I have a similar switch made by Voodooman for my Mark IIC+ and the Mark III. I love 'em. They look like that one shown in your auction link but getting them was not easy. It involved prayer and witchraft and voodoo to get that man to ship one! haha

?switching effects loop? Hmmm, not sure I have a bypass looper I use on my pedal board for pedals that are not true bypass. I'm not sure what you mean about that part of your post.

Hi,

What I mean is if my delay is in the loop, I would like to have a single switch with a 1/4 inch cord running out to the front.

It would be nice to have two total cords coming from the amp:
1) to switch lead to R1/R2, R1 to R2, EQ, and REV
2) EFX loop on/off

The other option is to put the delay in front of the preamp (i.e, Guitar>delay>amp input).

I believe delay sounds better in the EFX loop, don't you?

flip33 said:
Hi,

What I mean is if my delay is in the loop, I would like to have a single switch with a 1/4 inch cord running out to the front.

It would be nice to have two total cords coming from the amp:
1) to switch lead to R1/R2, R1 to R2, EQ, and REV
2) EFX loop on/off

The other option is to put the delay in front of the preamp (i.e, Guitar>delay>amp input).

I believe delay sounds better in the EFX loop, don't you?
Yes delay in loop, I run a " looper" from roadrage. They are very well
Built and affordable. That could do it for you I think. Take a look
At their website.

Even if you hack into/modify the amp to get a single cable-loop-bypass-foot-switch, you're still going to need two cables to hook up any effects:
(1) SEND and
(2) RETURN.
Now, instead of two cables, you have **THREE**:
(1) SEND,
(2) RETURN,
(3) LOOP ON/OFF).

Heck, even when you go "wireless", all you do is trade one long cable for two short ones.
The unforgiving math is as follows: take the number of jacks you use on your gear, and divide by two. That's how many cables you need.

MrMarkIII said:
Even if you hack into/modify the amp to get a single cable-loop-bypass-foot-switch, you're still going to need two cables to hook up any effects:
(1) SEND and
(2) RETURN.
Now, instead of two cables, you have **THREE**:
(1) SEND,
(2) RETURN,
(3) LOOP ON/OFF).

Heck, even when you go "wireless", all you do is trade one long cable for two short ones.
The unforgiving math is as follows: take the number of jacks you use on your gear, and divide by two. That's how many cables you need.

Could he (I wouldn't do it!) hack it for TRS connects where he stands on stage to save the mess

Back