How do you pronounce MESA Boogie?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jacko123 said:
May zah
Mess ah
may ssah
Meh zah

huh?

L&M told me they had a training video and Randall was talking in it and he pronounced it...drum roll..."May-sah" (just like the city/town?). Of course this is second hand info-could be BS.

Dictionary.com:
It even has a robot pronunciator (click on the speaker icon)
Sounds like Steve Hawking :lol:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mesa
It's "MEY - SUH"
It's a Spanish word, means "table".
Or:
"A land formation, less extensive than a plateau, having steep walls and a relatively flat top and common in arid and semiarid parts of the southwestern U.S. and Mexico."

Now, look up "boogie"...

I used to say Mess-ah because that's how everyone I knew pronounced it. Then i actually called the office in California and the person who answered the phone said May-sah and my question was answered. Even still, nobody around here believes me.

I know it's May-sah, but I can't stop saying Mess-ah. When I do say May-sah people look at me funny. :lol:

Anybody ever considered how "boogie" should be pronounced?

I always thought "moog" was pronounced moow-g, but after watching videos featuring moog masterminds that were pronouncing it moh-g, like moh-ger-foh-ger, I was shocked.

Though it is highly unlikely, maybe the same logic(or lack thereof) applies here.

I remember reading somewhere that when Smith went to get copyrights for the
company, he chose "MESA" because it sounded industrial and professional or something
to that degree.

Any by the way..It's May-Suh...

Latest posts

Back