Heritage H157 SMOKES the Gibson Les Paul Custom

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaGod666

Reaction score
I recently have been turned onto Heritage Guitars. I own several Gibson Les Paul Custom guitars, but due to the recent economic downturn, I have been needing to turn to a more affordable axe. So, I was at my favorite guitar shop and the shop owner said, "Have you checked out the new batch of Heritage guitars yet?" He proceeded to show me the H157. I was floored. It was like playing an original LPC from the 50's & 60's. It was heavy and the tone was unbelievable. The build quality is what really impressed me. Dual binding and the headstock was simply beautiful. I bought two on the spot for the price of one Gibson Les Paul Custom. I had them special ordered because I wanted Active EMG's for the pickups for white one and a Tobacco Sunburst finish on the other with Gibson Burstbuckers. Anyway, I wanted to share that with you all because they are F**KING FANTASTIC guitars. You can check their website out here.

or at

http://www.heritageguitar.com

Heritage are fantastic guitars. From what I know of their story most of those guys worked for Gibson in the glory days and of course it's all in the kalamazoo factory that most of the great gibsons were made in.

My guitar teacher in college is one of their featured artists (Vince Lewis, great jazz guitarist) and he had quite a few of them and would bring them into lessons for me to play and they were fantastic. They sound great, play great, and look great. I would never buy a Gibson but I would get a Heritage.

Their HRW pickups are very nice too. They are definitely classic sounding pickups though.

These guitars aren't those kind of guitar that you say are "good for the money". They are cheaper than Gibson and in my opinion better than Gibson.

Turumbar82 said:
These guitars aren't those kind of guitar that you say are "good for the money". They are cheaper than Gibson and in my opinion better than Gibson.

Exactly, they're still kind of spendy, but not nearly as much as a Gibson. The build quality is superior as well.

Gibson and Fender are both garbage nowadays. For the same or less money
you can get all sorts of other production or even custom made guitars in
the same exact style that will absolutely destroy them in every aspect.

A good friend of mine dropped over 3k last year on a silverburst custom.
If you saw what this thing looked like today you would swear its 20 years old already.
He only plays it at MOST 5-10 hours a week...the binding is already cracked in about
3 or 4 spots and yellowed..the finish on the back of the neck is already worn off in spots
and the thing overall just sounds and plays like a pig.

Their older stuff might have been good\great but I wouldn't pay for anything they are
putting out these days.

JohnDNJ said:

If you saw what this thing looked like today you would swear its 20 years old already.
He only plays it at MOST 5-10 hours a week...the binding is already cracked in about
3 or 4 spots and yellowed..the finish on the back of the neck is already worn off in spots

Their older stuff might have been good\great but I wouldn't pay for anything they are
putting out these days.

Yeah, I gig with a couple of my Gibson LPC's (2007 - 2008 Models (2 EMG PUPS) and one is hanging in there like a trooper and the other one I had to retire because hardware and binding was just not handling the traveling and constant usage. That's why I am very glad to hear about, and now OWN, a couple of Heritage H157 guitars. F**KING GREAT GUITARS!

I use Fender's (TELE and STRAT) in the studio for some lead work and cleans. They serve their purpose, but GOD HELP YOU if you gig with them.

MesaGod666 said:
JohnDNJ said:

putting out these days.

Yeah, I gig with a couple of my Gibson LPC's (2007 - 2008 Models (2 EMG PUPS) and one is hanging in there like a trooper and the other one I had to retire because hardware and binding was just not handling the traveling and constant usage. That's why I am very glad to hear about, and now OWN, a couple of Heritage H157 guitars. F**KING GREAT GUITARS!

I use Fender's (TELE and STRAT) in the studio for some lead work and cleans. They serve their purpose, but GOD HELP YOU if you gig with them.

Thats the thing with my buddy...he only plays it in his house...God forbid he gigged with lol...it
would probably have cracked in half by now.

JohnDNJ said:
Thats the thing with my buddy...he only plays it in his house...God forbid he gigged with lol...it
would probably have cracked in half by now.

WOW. I don't know about that. Gibson's are not total garbage...yet. Just can't beat it up too much and expect it to take it gracefully.

I agree gibson hasnt been to great this past decade. But its also pretty bad when u own a 2004 gibson les paul special humbucker and it sounds better and plays better than a custom shop les paul :lol:

DudewithFr0 said:
I agree gibson hasnt been to great this past decade. But its also pretty bad when u own a 2004 gibson les paul special humbucker and it sounds better and plays better than a custom shop les paul :lol:
:lol:
That's why I tossed in EMG's for teh brootalz in one LPC and DiMarzio's in the other for everything else.

Latest posts

Back