Help with power supply needed.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatrickL101

Reaction score
I bought a Diago Powerstation earlier after reading great reviews and testimonials and hearing of the money-back guarantee. The thing works great but it seems there's a snag. It only does so with effects that run in the effects loop. Whenever I plug it into pre-amp stompboxes like compressor, overdrive or wah I get a hideous hum (whether they're on or not and whether they're connected to the delay in the loop or not). On top of this the delay that is fine in the loop with the powerstation also hums before the amp (Whether on or off). All stompboxes are fine with batteries which makes me doubt that it's a problem with the amp (Though it could be as I haven't yet used a quiet powersupply with stompboxes infront of the amp).
The hum is absolutely fine when on the clean channel of the amp, even when the amp is cranked to stage volume and has an overdrive pedal or tube driver on in front of it but it renders the gain channel useless. The guitar sound is much louder than the hum but I think that the hum would be more than noticeable, maybe even irritating to an audience, at stage volume.
Would something like the Boss NS-2 take care of noise infront of the amp or does it sound like there's a deeper problem here?
I'm at my wit's end to be honest as i've tried a few different power supplies. I know that this is a great one but it isn't working for me so far. Sorry if this is a bit long winded but i thought i'd describe my problem fully. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

PS The amp is a DC-5 1x12 combo. I've done the effects loop mod and volume mod (Don't know if that makes any difference to my problem but I thought i'd get as much information in here as possible).

Problem solved.
I emailed Diago and found that the problem was due to the effects before the amp not being isolated properly. A Diago isolater adapter has solved the problem. Have to say that may have been the greatest guitar-related customer service i've ever recieved. James there answered all my questions and helped me solve the problem :D

Patrick.

Latest posts

Back