Help w Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JW123

Reaction score
Help me guys.

I have a Roadster, had it for more than a year now and no problems.

First, The other night I ran a line out from my Triple Rec slave out into the send return of the Roadster. Making a psuedo stereo rig. Ive done this many times and never had any kind of issues. It was working normally at this point. I didnt plug a guitar straight in to the amp after I did this.

Anyway, I had a gig this weekend and used the Triple and since we have another gig this coming weekend I left the Triple in my equipment trailer. I thought I would play the Roadster a little on my lunch break and plugged a guitar up and no sound. I changed guitar cords no difference. The tubes are lit up and its making the noises it normally does when fired up. Since I had put a cord into the effects return the other day I put a patch cord between the send and return to see if that did anything still nothing. I only had a few minutes at lunch and was just going to play for a few minutes. What should I try next. Whenever Ive blown a fuse the whole amp shuts down so it cant be a fuse. I recently put a full set of tubes in the amp. Im running EL 34s at the moment. I did play with the channel switch on back and it did make some pops when I swept it back and forth. I hard bypassed the effects and tryed switching the channel switch on the back of the amp to see if I could get a sound. Later tonight I will try some more stuff.

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is that last night I was sweeping the floor around it and I may have pulled the pedal switch loose from the pedal board. It seems like before I pulled the cable out and ran the amp before.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Check your footswitch connection. Make sure that your LOOP switch is either turned off, or disable the loop altogether on the back and see if that is where your problem is coming from. I seem to remember fooling around with my amp when I first got it, and my LOOP level on the back was turned all the way down, when I turned on the loop it went dead. Also make sure your tuner/mute button is not engaged.

Make sure the foot switch is changing channels etc... if no joy, head to repair

are these amp prone to breaking?? **** man!! I just got it back from service center a week ago with full new tubes everything checked it for few hours after I got it back and everything sounded great. I didn't touch again for two week (because I have a F50 for practice) and now no sound??? not even a hum from the guitar while putting the cable in input??? NOTHING. Can a pre amp tube failure cause NO sound at all???? or this purely the board in the amp???

Grindjazz said:
are these amp prone to breaking?? **** man!! I just got it back from service center a week ago with full new tubes everything checked it for few hours after I got it back and everything sounded great. I didn't touch again for two week (because I have a F50 for practice) and now no sound??? not even a hum from the guitar while putting the cable in input??? NOTHING. Can a pre amp tube failure cause NO sound at all???? or this purely the board in the amp???

Check your V1 or v2 preamp tube... if you see a white dome the tube is done.

And yes a preamp tube thats blown will produce no sound.

yes one is a white dome with blown off top. but it still no sound after replacing it with a new one. Could it be another is blown, but doesn't show the white dome? how can you tell the pre amp tube went besides white dome?

jdurso my friend. You are genius everything works after replacing first two pre amp tubes across from the cabinet inputs. **** even my local Mesa service center didn't tell me preamp after I asked, of coarse it's $$$$ to them. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Back