Help me hook up my rig!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khorah.pds

Reaction score
Hey fellow mark v users. I am in need of advice and I would like to seek suggestions on what order to place my pedals in my chain.

from guitar
Dunlop Wah>Whammy>Tubescreamer>Proctavia>Line 6 FM4

in the loop
TC Flashback>MXR Carbon Copy

How would you set up these pedals?

Thanks!!!

I don't see any issues with your chain. Your set-up should work fine.

Looks good...
Slamming the front end with wahs and any distortion pedals (althought the MV can rip with either 6L6's or EL-84's), and putting modulation followed by any verb/delay (although the MV's reverb is tasty) in the loop should sound pretty good. Just possibly try to keep all cable lengths used under 18'6" unless you buffer gently.

Whammy's and Wah pedals are notorious for killing tone.
The Whammy I have is horrible.. even when turned off.
I'd try getting true bypass versions or perhaps try a buffer in front of them.

You might want to try the filter stuff in the loop.
Otherwise it looks ok.

guitardr said:
Looks good...
Slamming the front end with wahs and any distortion pedals (althought the MV can rip with either 6L6's or EL-84's), and putting modulation followed by any verb/delay (although the MV's reverb is tasty) in the loop should sound pretty good. Just possibly try to keep all cable lengths used under 18'6" unless you buffer gently.

Just to be clear, the MKV cannot (directly) use EL84 tubes. It's either 6L6GC or EL-34.

(I'm sure it was just a typo :wink: )

Dom

bjoneill74 said:
Whammy's and Wah pedals are notorious for killing tone.
The Whammy I have is horrible.. even when turned off.
I'd try getting true bypass versions or perhaps try a buffer in front of them.
+1 on the Whammy/Wah
The Whammy (WH4) in particular is a terrible tone sucker, it's night and day when you remove it from your signal chain.
Now, The new Whammy (just got released - May 2012) and the Whammy DT are both 'true bypass'. I upgraded to the Whammy DT, much better.

domct203 said:
guitardr said:
Looks good...

Just to be clear, the MKV cannot (directly) use EL84 tubes. It's either 6L6GC or EL-34.

(I'm sure it was just a typo :wink: )

Dom

Typo = Yes! Meant 34's. Dom: you got me!

Latest posts

Back