Help me choose a good wireless system!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanezrocker720

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been researching the board as well as the internet and I'm still trying to decide on a wirless system for my guitar. I want a good one that won't change my guitar sound for under $600. I've been looking at the Shure, Sennheiser, Line 6 X2, etc. I want one that sounds/looks professional. Do any of you own one and which make/models do you prefer? What are the pros and cons of channel selecting/automatic channel selecting and what's the difference in VHF, UHF and whatever other options you can buy? I'm going to mount this in my rack so I will need one with the antennas in the front or ones I can remote to the front of the rack. I also want to make sure that the body pack is somewhat tough because I tend to get a little crazy on stage and I plan on hooking it to my strap and securing it with some tape so any help you guys can give me would be appreciated. Thanks

P.S. Also saw that Line 6 is releasing the new G90 Wireless soon. Maybe I should wait and try that out?

The new Line 6 wireless is out...I think they call it "Relay" or something like that. It's digital like the XD 95 but uses AA batteries instead of expensive 9v batteries. :D :D :D :D :D :D

I will eventually get one....maybe by then the price will come down a little.

I saw it on the L6 website. With a better battery choice, its almost a no-brainer.
Good luck and let us know how you like it! :D

Yeah that's the one I saw too, the Relay G90. I've been checking it out for the past hour. Sounds like it's gonna be a really good wireless system with a few improvements to the XD so I'm anxious to check one out. I looked on musicians friend and they have it listed but it wont be sold until March so I guess I gotta wait a little bit. It claims 6 hour battery life and that it's able to be used worldwide. :)

Yeah, but the current model Line 6 XDS-Plus gives me at least 5 solid hours with a Li-Polymer rechargeable battery. IMO that is the way to go for non-rack systems.

If the new model is using 2 AA cells, then I'd like to make sure that the rechargeable options still get decent life out of them.

+1 on the Line6 XDS-Plus. I have been really happy with it. It doesn't color my tone like others I have played and has been very reliable.

Latest posts

Back