Help...info needed on a mosrite fuzzrite

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jzerza

Reaction score
Ok, so I was planning on selling my thiele cab with an evm12l speaker for around $300. I had someone offer me an even trade for what he says is a version 1 germanium transistor mosrite fuzzrite. Any thoughts? Not exactly sure what to look at on this pedal, I believe that the germanium ones are worth 6-700??? I'm not even sure exactly what the transistor looks like to see if it's legit. ANY ADVICE OR COMMENTS WOULD BE HELPFUL.
thanks
Jeff

First rule of vintage effects: if a deal seems to good to be true, it usually is. :wink:

What's an original germanium Fuzzrite worth ? Just whatever somebody on eBay will give for it on that very day. It's crazy to see what some of these pedals go for in this era.
Like most germanium pedals of the day, stock ones are rubbish. Back then, they didn't know how to overcome problems such as temperature stabilizing, leakage or how carefully selected (mis)match the transistors. Silicon transistors fixed that but nowadays, there are many techs who know how to handle geraniums and build the pedals the way they should have been build in the first place.

If, and that's a big if, it's the real deal and you want to add it to your collection of vintage pedals you keep in a display case, go for it. If you want to have a nice sounding germanium fuzz you can actually use, sell your Thiele for cash and use that to buy a new clone of your favourite one without all the inherent germ-related diseases.

V!N said:
First rule of vintage effects: if a deal seems to good to be true, it usually is. :wink:

What's an original germanium Fuzzrite worth ? Just whatever somebody on eBay will give for it on that very day. It's crazy to see what some of these pedals go for in this era.
Like most germanium pedals of the day, stock ones are rubbish. Back then, they didn't know how to overcome problems such as temperature stabilizing, leakage or how carefully selected (mis)match the transistors. Silicon transistors fixed that but nowadays, there are many techs who know how to handle geraniums and build the pedals the way they should have been build in the first place.

If, and that's a big if, it's the real deal and you want to add it to your collection of vintage pedals you keep in a display case, go for it. If you want to have a nice sounding germanium fuzz you can actually use, sell your Thiele for cash and use that to buy a new clone of your favourite one without all the inherent germ-related diseases.

That's good advise right there.

Dom

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=69800.0

heres some gut pics if the link works....

they only made 200-250 of the germanium ones... price is all dependent on how rough it is and like posted before what someone is willing to give for it.

Hope this helps.

sands

Back