Help from anybody who's done Serial Mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingee

Reaction score
Hi,
I've got a Triple Rec, and just bought a g-system. however I'm getting bleed and out of phase problems with the parallel loop. So I want to do the serial mod.

Mesa customer services just sent me the schematic with a note in the email saying that it will still not be a true serial loop and I will still get some preamp bleed - is this what others have experienced also?!??! Is it any more or any less than with the parallel loop?

Also in the instructions it says lift forward end of of resistor - does that mean the end pointed at the front of the amp??

Thanks!

I had mine modded, was too scared to touch her myself when she was new. There is some bleed, but only noticable when the amp is turned up (say a gig w/o a sound guy). I have my tuner and a volume pedal in the loop and with the tuner on and vomue pedal to 0, I can still hear some through. I doubt it is a concern with either pedal. I had thought that so I tried them both in front and they both completely cut the signal. No biggie if you aren't trying to stop the signal completely.

Can anybody who's done the mod, or somebody who can read the writing tell me what it says on step 3?!?!

So should I put a jumper from the return jack resistor to the pcb where the wiper wire from the mix pot was?? or to the mix pot wiper wire itself??

loop_mod.jpg

Latest posts

Back