Heh...look what the (UPS) cat dragged in!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdmiralB

Reaction score
sn.jpg

I've got the chassis out, cleaning it up. Been in storage for a while, I'd say (dusty), but overall very good shape. I've owned two other pre-500s, and this one is the cleanest I've seen internally - all the others had had repairs at some point, this one is pristine.

Thanks...this is purely an investment, however. As far as Rectifiers go, I prefer the TOVs. But I'm now a Fractal Axe-FX guy, with no 'real' amps.

Yes. While all that is shown is a serial number plate it displays more then just a number. You need to dig deeper to discover its true meaning>>>>>>>>>> ok give up? Go here. http://www.TheBoogieArchives.com/2ch_dual_recto.html

Wow that whole story about the pre 500 DR's was cool. It was like reading the Lord of the Rings!! I can't wait for the movie to come out. lol Seriously though thanks for the info it was interesting.

carlosasi said:
Yes. While all that is shown is a serial number plate it displays more then just a number. You need to dig deeper to discover its true meaning>>>>>>>>>> ok give up? Go here. http://www.TheBoogieArchives.com/2ch_dual_recto.html

I wouldn't consider that to be the exact pinnacle of factual information.
This, for example:

2ch. Dual Rectifier said:
One notable difference between both amps (but certainly not the only one) is that the SLO uses a Cathode follower for the effects send whereas the DR uses it for the input of the tone stack.

Both amps use a cathode follower to drive the FX loop AND the tone stack.

Fact-checking, FTW!

Where did I say it was the pinnacle? I was just offering more info than was provided.

carlosasi said:

Ahh..okay.
Thanks.

And I am the one that owns R0005 ha ha ha.....

SCOTTY said:
Wow that whole story about the pre 500 DR's was cool. It was like reading the Lord of the Rings!! I can't wait for the movie to come out. lol Seriously though thanks for the info it was interesting.

AdmiralB said:
Thanks...this is purely an investment, however. As far as Rectifiers go, I prefer the TOVs. But I'm now a Fractal Axe-FX guy, with no 'real' amps.

what are you using the axe with (FRFR, Tube/SS Power Amp and cabs)?

jdurso said:
what are you using the axe with (FRFR, Tube/SS Power Amp and cabs)?

I started out driving regular cabs with a QSC PLX1802. I had a pair of traditional 412s (sounded great), a pair of vertical 212s (almost as good and a lot easier to move), and a pair of EVM Thieles (sounded terrible).

I was going to 'standardize' on the 212s when I bought a pair of the QSC HPRs that the Fractal Forum guys jizz over. I needed some vocal monitors and I thought these would cover that if they didn't work with the Axe.

I REALLY like them with the Axe - better than power amp and guitar cabs. They don't get as loud, but that's probably a good thing!

Latest posts

Back