Has anyone tried a Sound Sculpture Footsim with a QuadPreamp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobmeredith

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a Sound Sculpture Footsim with a Quad Preamp?

The midi octopus seems to be the only thing that is proven to work with my Quad Preamp and not blow the relays.
I'm trying to find one of these things that uses an adaptor so I can match voltages for AUS.

The pictures of octopi that I seen in ebay ads from the states seem to show a power cable going directly into the unit.
I Think I emailed one seller and he confirmed this. Maybe they made an export version with 12v supply.

The Amp Gizmo might do the trick but it's so expensive. AUS$500 BEFORE import duty!! It's also not been tested with a Quad Preamp as far as I know.

Tried the CFX4 and blew a relay.

I can't afford some of the other solutions (some are US$1000+) and other switchers are obsolete or very rare in Australia.

I'm currently in a bidding war for an UK version (Octopus) but have reached my limit and am sure to be out bid.

Anyone got one for sale (or a Nobels) that could be modded for 240volt use?

Any Suggestions

Thanks

Bob

Bob,

The Amp gizmo is a quality unit as is the CFX4. I'm suprised you blew a relay. Have you e-mail Mario? He is a top bloke and will help you. I'm interested to hear what he will say.

Can't help you with the Sound Sculpture accept to say that everything they make is Pro quality.

Sanchez

I talked to Mario about it and he has found that there have been a few problems with the CFX4 and the Quad. He send me a couple of relays and I fixed it myself. Fine now, but I'll go back to using it with my Mark III and find something else for the Quad, hence my original post.

Last time I talked to Ron from RJM he was looking for someone to field test the Gizmo and a Quad. He messaged me on another forum to tell me that he has one user testing it at the moment with no problems so far.
The relay in the Gizmo will handle 2x the current than the CFX4.
He has also made a special cable for the Quad as well.

It's just a shame that by the time I get a Gizmo into the country it will cost me about AUS$700-800.

Latest posts

Back