Has anyone ever......

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grindliner

Reaction score
Tried running a Marshall JMP-1 in the effects loop of a Studio Pre, for use on the studio's clean channel?

I'm thinking about trying it, just curious if anyone here has tried it. trying to avoid buying a GCX, and getting to use the reverb with the JMP

I'd imagine you'd have some awful buzz problems...and a crap ton of gain on the JMP-1, sending it a line level signal like that.

-dave

No, but I've run the following before:

guitar->jmp-1->DC-3 guitar in (clean channel)->speaker.

Just need to be careful of levels so as not to get nothing but a noisy buzz, but that setup gave me some really nice industrial sounds, and some very nice crunchy ones too. Just start off with the gain low on the JMP-1 and turn it up accordingly. There will be some nice sounds in there, you'll just need to tweak a little.

The settings on the DC-3 were such that it was nowhere near breakup on the clean channel with guitar volume on full and hitting the strings hard.

So you could try running the out of the studio pre to the guitar in on the JMP-1, or vice versa.

Latest posts

Back