Had 2 bad Strats' Got #3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old-guy

Reaction score
You guys aren't going to believe this .....................................................
I had gotten 2 Strats that had bad necks (truss rod problems confirmed buy Fender certified repair shop) I got #3 last Weds. and returned it on Saturday. THE NECK WAS TWISTED towards the high E. I saw it as soon as I took it out of the case and looked down the neck. (Got it from M.F. and contacted them the day I got it. Had to wait for R/A number)
I'm done with Fender. Just ordered a G&L Legacy from a LOCAL DEALER "made to order" Ash body, hardtail, 3 tone sunburst front and back, birdseye maple neck with gun oil tint and gloss finish, rosewood finger board, locking tuners, GraphTech nut. All this for $100 more than the Fender. There's only one thing that I liked better about the Fender, the "noiseless pickups." But thats it. I can always have the Fender pups installed down the road. (If I want to)

For you guys that have good Strats that's great. (And I mean that)
But you can't blame me for "switching teams." What would you do?
There's no way I'm gonna try for #4. I've had it!

Just wanted to let you guys know what happened.

Thanks for the "ear"

Bob

You'll probably dig the G&L.

The second guitar in my band has one. Fine instrument.

I've never bought a Fender or a Gibson in all of these years.

Not sure why, but I've always figured that anyone who produces SO MANY guitars a day would always have trouble with quality control.

I'll stick with my alternate luthiers, thank you very much.

Man! What sucky luck! I know strats need to be hand picked, but that's just rediculous! I'd change too, and who better than G&L......
Fine instruments... Slick, fast playing "strats"... They tend to be on the heavey side, but they play like butta!
Nice choice, and I hope you have better luck,(I'm sure you'll be pleased)
Let us know just how great it is..
ax. :twisted:

Hey Bob, Sorry to hear about bad guitar #3. I hope that your next instrument brings you the enjoyment that you've waited been waiting for quite awhile. Thanks for giving the update though.

You'll have to post a picture of your new guitar when you get it! Best of luck to ya on this one!

Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck with the Strats but the G&L is an awesome guitar and you aren't straying too far from the family, in reality :D

I think maybe I got the only good Strat made in the last few years! Yikes!

PS: Did I mention that my SG was actually made on my birthday of this year? How cool is that?

Screw Fender. They charge way too much money for what was originally designed as an economy guitar, and other than hardware upgrades, I've seen no reason that the USA guitars should cost so much more than the Mexican ones.

noodles said:
Screw Fender. They charge way too much money for what was originally designed as an economy guitar, and other than hardware upgrades, I've seen no reason that the USA guitars should cost so much more than the Mexican ones.

Then buy a Mexican one.

THANK ALL OF YOU for your response and encouraging words!

I'll do a post when the G&L gets here. (6-8 weeks ....... crap)

Bob

Yes, the are significant h/w upgrades. However, those upgrades don't cost the difference between the two instruments. You're really only looking at pickups, tuners, and bridge saddles. If you're like me, you're replacing the horrible Fender pickups on the USA models anyway.

Fenders are just toys, anyway. So many people do the Strat thing better and less costly than Fender now.

Depending on the Strat model, I agree on replacing pickups and tuners... but my Strat came with Bill Lawrence-designed pickups and Schaller tuners... I love the tone and have no desire to replace them.

It's an instrument by instrument thing, imo - some need new parts, some don't. :)

Well, I meant upgrading the hardware on a Mexi to make it play/sound as good as a USA. Obviously there is nothing wrong with the locking Schallers on the USAs. :wink:

Hey ~F,

I have anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks left to wait before my G&L gets here.
After my Fender "fiasco" I was real skeptical about buying any "Fender type" guitars. But I gotta tell you, the Legacy that I tried impressed the hell out of me. And when I found that I could have it "made to order" without the "custom shop prices," that did it for me. I try not to think about it. (I CAN'T WAIT)

Thanks,

Bob

I picked up a Mexican Strat for $150 bucks. Played great, sounded weak. I put Lindy Fralins in it and its my main guitar now. I still love my Les Paul, but with the LSC its a little muddy. I could probably spend the time and tweak it, but the strat sings through it.

Latest posts

Back