Guitar processors that compliment Mesa amps

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackieTHEjokeman

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with a variety of processors? Which ones really compliment the Mark IV, Stiletto and Rectifiers? Are TC-Electronics any good? Thanks.

I have a G-Major, and it works well with my Triple. TC makes the best guitar-oriented stuff on the market, IMO - no tonesucking, just good-sounding, high-quality FX.

+1 on the TC G-Major. I use it with my Lone Star. It's great because it is very transparent and doesn't change the character of your amp.

I've never been a big fan of processors but I decided to bite the bullet and go for a TC G-System. A few bugs in the earlier units, but software upgrades have sorted the bugs out and have made it absolutley superb. I use it with my dual rec.

I don't believe processors compliment tube amps! As a matter of fact, even using the F/X Loop without effects alters the tone! With that said, I would'nt run anything but one of the aforementioned TC's if I were to choose. They do have a more cost friendly alternative which debuted at NAMM which looks interesting!

No matter what processor you use in a parallel effects loop, ALWAYS use the killdry function. It is the only way to prevent the phasing effect of blending together two dry tones.

I plan on using the G-Major in the loop of my IIc, but only because there is no other alternative for me than the Rocktron Replifex. All of the better processors have a preset change lag when used in a series loop, and that is unacceptable. So I guess I'll have to live with a little dry tone suck from the TC, since the Replifex can't be found very often.

jbird said:
I don't believe processors compliment tube amps! As a matter of fact, even using the F/X Loop without effects alters the tone!

+1

My POD XT Live & LSC aren't all that great of a relationship. Not the worst, but each one seperately SHINES in their own right and together they are just better than average.

In all honesty, I haven't found too many things that sound good around my LSC. BUT, I have a Peavey ValVerb (tube reverb & Tremolo unit) and it sounds great in the loop.

sorry to be disappointed but in my point of view I think that the g-major is a tone sucker. I prefer the rocktron intellifex, please don´t kick my *** :oops:
I like other processors like lexicon ( the best reverb over the world ) and tc g-force

fatboy135:
sorry to be disappointed but in my point of view I think that the g-major is a tone sucker. I prefer the rocktron intellifex, please don´t kick my *** Embarassed
I like other processors like lexicon ( the best reverb over the world ) and tc g-force

I have to agree with Fatboy. The G-Major is a tonesucker, and that is disappointing for a TC Electronic device. I sold mine and bought a Yamaha UD Stomp.

Am also still using my Rocktron Intellifex, both are great pieces of gear. I also have TC 1210 Spatial Expander + Stereo Chorus/Flanger for the warmest and lushiest (sp?) chorus you can imagine. Works really well with Boogies.

I think that intellifex is maybe the best digital multifx able to sound like an analog device.
Tc decided to create a gmajor as an option for a cheaper g-force. I think that if you spend your money on a dual recto you could save more money, sell the g major and buy a second hand g-force. All the quality that you can win using the best tech is loose if you use a tone sucking :roll:

I love blanket statements about tone sucking DSP's :D

My Pod XTL - SANS THE MODELING - is an amazing compliment to my LSS. The chorus, delays, distortion stomps, reverbs, compression, etc., are are wonderful and no tone is sucked through the effects loop.

Moderation with ANY effect is, of course, key.

sorry I'am just retard my momma always said Iam just special,it seems I always put words together like ******* sound it out now ***. hole.
thanks for explaining and the english class

boogee said:
The G-Major is a tonesucker, and that is disappointing for a TC Electronic device. I sold mine and bought a Yamaha UD Stomp.
I also use the Yamaha UD Stomp (great unit) in the loop of my TriAxis, but beside that I have eight other efx (pedal & rack) that are all connected through a GCX switcher which keeps them out of the circuit until they are actually being used which eliminates tone suckage. The whole thing is then controlled by a Ground Control Pro midi footswitcher. All in all a very complete and easy to use setup that allows efx without destroying my tone.

hal9000Andy_sRigFinalSmallRevC.png

My G-Major compliments my F-50 nicely. It's not the most robust of units, but it does sound good. I have custom wired my G-Major to externally switch my F-50, so a single stomp on my MIDI footcontroller simultaneously selects the desired amp channel and the FX patch. :cool:

Big smiles,

Andy.

Different things for different ears - the Rocktron units are major tonesuckers to me - I think the converters suck compared to the TCs.

Latest posts

Back