GSP1101 new firmware with F50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumol

Reaction score
Hi,

First off all, thanks for the great source of information this forum is.
I'm looking for effects (mostly chorus, delay and (intelligent) pitch shifting for the fun) for my F50 mostly for gig, therefore I need to change presets with different effect's config quickly.
I read that:
- the GT-10 sucks tune
- the G major 2 has a gap when changing preset
- the rocktron xpression has some reliability issues
- with G nova system in preset mode, the presets are loaded when we release the pedal (the same for the tap tempo in both mode) which is kinda odd when playing
- the GSP1101 with the 4 cables method, has some noise with high gain pre-amp. I saw that in a new firmware, they changed the position of the noise gate when in the 4CM to be after the ext' pre-amp (http://www.mustbebeta.com/Release%20Notes%20Version-final%20C36.pdf).I also saw that if we cut the ground of the cables used in the fx loop of the amp, it reduces the noise. I was wondering there is still so much noise that it would be a bother in a gig situation with the new firmware?
If you have any other suggestions that is in the same price range has the GSP1101, I am open to it. I also saw the eventide *factor but I can only have one...

Gears:
- Mesa Boogie F50
- Custom guitar with Seymour Duncan '59 model neck and bridge humbucker
- Dunlop Cry Baby that I don't use often.

Thanks in advance,

Alexandre

I've read a lot of conflicting reports on the GSP1101 and am on the fence about it as well. In fact, I replied to this topic before but then suddenly all my posts went MIA :? :?:

I've also been checking out the Lexicon MPX G2 which seems like a rock solid unit, but word has it there IS a gap when switching presets and also the sheer amount of parameters to adjust is mind boggling.

I'd really love to be able to use the GSP1101 with the Control 2 but I too fear the noise issue, though several reviews note no such issues (one actually labelled the TriAxis/GSP1101 combo a "match made in heaven"). Digitech themselves attribute the noise to improperly set levels when I asked them. Naturally it's not the fault of the unit, :lol:

I'd really like to know who has had success with this unit, it looks fantastic on paper at least...

I finaly got some goof info on another board, if that interests you, you may have a look here:
http://www.mustbebeta.com/generalforum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=242

Cheers,

Alexandre

It does, thank you very much for the link! Have you had a chance to try the GSP1101?

No, after a lot of reflexion, I saw that I don't need a lot of effects and I bought an Eventide Timefactor (I already have a wah-wah and a volume/expression pedal).

Danimal said:
I've read a lot of conflicting reports on the GSP1101 and am on the fence about it as well. In fact, I replied to this topic before but then suddenly all my posts went MIA :? :?:

I've also been checking out the Lexicon MPX G2 which seems like a rock solid unit, but word has it there IS a gap when switching presets and also the sheer amount of parameters to adjust is mind boggling.

I'd really love to be able to use the GSP1101 with the Control 2 but I too fear the noise issue, though several reviews note no such issues (one actually labelled the TriAxis/GSP1101 combo a "match made in heaven"). Digitech themselves attribute the noise to improperly set levels when I asked them. Naturally it's not the fault of the unit, :lol:

I'd really like to know who has had success with this unit, it looks fantastic on paper at least...

I use this unit and have a love/hate relationship with it. The delays, chorus, reverbs, tremelo's, OD's, and Whammy are spot on. The wah; though on paper appear to go through the input section, sound like they go through the loop and sound very nasal. The Phasers and Flangers are not very user friendly. Not a fan of the amp models...

After reading this post, I've upgraded to the latest beta versions several. I'm in the early stages of experimenting with that upgrade. So far, the wahs new -6 db range seems to help and the TS mod and SD OD sound great. More to follow if any one is anterested, but I have some tinkering to do.

Latest posts

Back