Groove or Die (Andy Timmons) Mark IV,bonus facial expression

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pabloguitar

Reaction score
My take on Groove or Die from Andy Timmons, recorded with a Mark IV. I was goofing off and thought that I could delete my stupid facial expression at the beginning, but then when I tried, it got off sync with the audio so I had to leave it in there. I thought the original recording was at 240 bpm but then realized it was actually 260 bpm, so I had some practicing to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgAvEybr18s

HOLY CRAP that was AWESOME!!!!!!!

Sweet tone. Would you mind sharing your MK IV settings?

You're right, that is a ball buster of a song. A lot of songs are actually easier to play than they sound, but this is one that is harder to play than it sounds.
Thanks for your comments. As far as settings, they're nothing special, but here they are...
LD + Eq
Tweed power
Petode
Simul Class
Mid Gain
Lead Gain: 8 (pulled)
Treble: 8.5
Bass: 3
Mid: 6
Lead Drive: 7.75 (pulled)
Presence: 7 (pulled)
Channel volume: 2 or 2.5 and Master volume 2.5
As far as the graphic Eq, it's set pretty flat, 80 Hz is raised very slightly, and 240 Hz is lowered very slightly. I should also mention that for whatever reason, when I set this Eq, they were all over the center line, so when the Eq was activated, there was a noticeable increase in volume. I definitely didn't want the sound too scooped because then it would blend in with the mix too much and wouldn't stand out. I probably could have raised the overall volume in the mix a little though.

As far as speakers, I have C90's. I've never even played through V30's so I cannot compare them at all. I know that people say as a general rule, C90's should be in open back cabinets. My cabinets were constructed as open back in the top half, but when I bought them, I also bought the option to have the tops enclosed. So basically they're closed back cabs. They sound awesome, tons of low end thump!

Latest posts

Back