Goosing the LSS?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidinus

Reaction score
Okay my LSS setup is about there. For channel 1 I have a nice Waddy Watchel (spelling?) type crunch and on Channel 2 I have a real nice brown sound type crunch going.

What I want is to take the channel 2 sound up a notch for slighty higher gain soloing. Anything you recommend in particular? Name brands would help. Thanks!

I have both the BB preamp and the AC booster from Xotic, Both good like the BB with Mesa's AC with everything else, Had the Zen Drive, Blackstone, Z-veck SHO/ BOR, Keely mod Blues Driver, Zack Wylde, New and old 808's Barber Direct Drive, Ego Booster, finally settled on these. Go to U-Tube and check out some demos of pedals. Andy Timmons does a good demo of a BB with a Lonestar. Happy Hunting!

Menatone Red Snapper does the OD thing for me on my DRRI and Carr Rambler. I started using it last month on the LSS. As much as I liked the drive channel alone, the RS really adds a sweeter OD to the LSS

I have the BB and the RC and both of them are great pedals. A couple of weeks ago I picked up a Fulltone OCD and in a way it's like the BB but with less compression. The OCD adds a harmonic tone that's really interesting. In fact I use the RC as a boost for both the BB and OCD.

thanks guys! no one sells the red snapper in Austin so I'm gonna give Guitar Rez a call tommorrow and see if they have a BB in stock.

Try sticking a compressor in the loop of your LSS when using channel 2 - gives a lovely tone.

Guys, thanks for your suggestions..I ended up ordering a BB, due in part to their excellent on-line demos and of course this board.

I know you made you decision already but for other folks interested in getting more of the singing sustain from an LSS you might consider a Mesa V-Twin pedal. They're expensive new ($350-400) but you can find them used for around $200. I run it on channel two using the blues setting and moderate gain. It allows me to get controlled feedback at lower volumes and a very sweet sustain. The only drawback is that this pedal is noisy on the high gain setting so if you use that I'd recommend a noise gate.

I second the MESA V-Twin...

DEMO located at: :arrow:

http://www.justinguitar.com/en/GG-201-REV-MesaVTwin.php

Half the fun is finding one.

Good luck
:!:

Latest posts

Back