Going to the Boogie dealer this weekend

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turumbar82

Reaction score
Well, I've saved and I've saved and I'm going to the boogie dealer this weekend to try some amps out. I have had a hole in my heart since I had to sell my Single Rectifier a few years ago and I've done all the cheap alternatives using modelers and solid state power amps, cheap budget tube amps etc but everything is lacking. So I'm going to go the store this weekend and play around and see what happens. I have always loved for Mesa and my Single Recto was bought with my graduation money from highschool back in 2000. It was kind of a important amp because it was my graduation present to myself. I'm not really sure what I'll get though.

We shall see.

Good Luck on your search....if anybody bothers you just nail 'em with your hemet...you should be pretty safe!! :mrgreen:

Ok so I'm about to go in a little I think. I already called down there and they have a rectoverb, dual, and a roadster. My girlfriend is saying get the Roadster but there is an itty bitty part of me that has trouble spending this much money which makes it tortuous!!!

Turumbar82 said:
Ok so I'm about to go in a little I think. I already called down there and they have a rectoverb, dual, and a roadster. My girlfriend is saying get the Roadster but there is an itty bitty part of me that has trouble spending this much money which makes it tortuous!!!
Unless you absolutely need all that versatility in the Roadster, I'd say don't go for it. The Dual will do fine.

No Stilettos or Dynes?!! Thats a shame...though a Dual is hardly ever a bad choice 8)

Good Luck out there!! :mrgreen:

So I went to the store and all they had in stock was a Rectoverb head, Dual Recto, and a Roadster. I played the Roadster for awhile. The cleans were very pretty and the mid gains sounds were very good to me but it has been awhile since I owned my Single Recto and honestly I don't care much for the Roadsters lead channels that much. Of course everyone says, it needs a boost and possibly a GEQ in the loop but I have a hard time buying something that is $1999 knowing that I need to add to it so I can get the sound I want. I know some people don't mind this but I want to play around on some other amps before I settle for that option.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the amp at all. It's definitely awesome but I haven't played on a Mark series amp yet and I think I should or maybe try an older 2 channel Dual. I also want to try a Stiletto series 2. I've played on a series 1 before and thought the gain channel was lacking but I guess with the series 2 that is fixed.

The ElectroDynes and Lonestar heads aren't of interest to me that much because I play a lot of modern metal.

i play a rect-o-verb and i've never used a boost or a GEQ in the loop and my amp is as tight as a JCM800.....crank the mids and run a 2x12 and it will be tight.

IMO the reason people have to use a boost and GEQ or whatever it is they use is because they take an amp that is inherently scooped- mids(which makes your sound loose) and they scoop the mids(which makes the sound looser) and then run that through a 4x12 cab(which makes the sound even looser) and we haven't even got to the ridiculous amount of low end a lot of these guys use(which makes the sound even looser) which ends up with a sound no one really wants but because so many people equate "bigness" with massive amounts of lowend they hook up all these other gadgets to try and solve the problem...kinda like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Cleekster said:
i play a rect-o-verb and i've never used a boost or a GEQ in the loop and my amp is as tight as a JCM800.....crank the mids and run a 2x12 and it will be tight.

IMO the reason people have to use a boost and GEQ or whatever it is they use is because they take an amp that is inherently scooped- mids(which makes your sound loose) and they scoop the mids(which makes the sound looser) and then run that through a 4x12 cab(which makes the sound even looser) and we haven't even got to the ridiculous amount of low end a lot of these guys use(which makes the sound even looser) which ends up with a sound no one really wants but because so many people equate "bigness" with massive amounts of lowend they hook up all these other gadgets to try and solve the problem...kinda like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Thanks for the opinion.

Why dont you just get another Single Recto off of Craigslist or something? You know you already like it, and it IS an amazing amp. Go with what you know!

fluff191 said:
Why dont you just get another Single Recto off of Craigslist or something? You know you already like it, and it IS an amazing amp. Go with what you know!

You've got a very good point. I would be saving myself a bunch of money too this way.

Dude good luck on your quest.

My two cents, mark all the way be it lV or V you'll never regret. I've been down the recto path a couple of times and great as these amps are there is simply nothing on earth that compares to the mark series.

May your journey be fruitful and filled with boogies :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back