Getting a new recto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrentSSL

Reaction score
So I am considering getting a new Reborn Dual Rectifier the problem is when I play through one unfortunetly its in guitarcenter. There I am not really digging the tone very much in the store. The only reason I want one is for the new and improved effects loop is that worth 2 grand and is there a difference in tone or voicing in the channels? Because I use both channels for rythm 2 for "rock" tones and 3 for "metal" tones and solo boost for lead can and clean is barely used. Will I be able to get that difference in channel voicing with the new reborns or not let me know. :wink:

The new 3 Channel rectos are the tightest and brightest of the lot of them, and the Clean / Raw voicings are greatly improved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It_k4uDnetU

vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82trOdwh3-I

Hope this helps!!

I agree the new one sounds awsome but is it worth another thousand dollers because i can basically get a grand for my three channel now :?

Point taken.
I honestly don't know. I have an old 2 Channel and I opted to get a used Electra Dyne rather than spend the $1,000 to upgrade to a Reborn. I guess there aren't many used showing up yet? I bet if you could find one used, you could flip your old 3 channel and end up with a $300 - $600 difference remaining instead of $1,000+

Personally, I think the 'real' way the upgrade would be worthwhile is if you really needed the 50 - 100watt option, as well as the improved clean tone and raw modes. These features increase the versatility of the amp substantially and the brighter tighter 'updated' tone is also a huge benefit. But ya, if you need money for life, are the few slightly tweaked features really worth losing almost a grand over?

See there in lies my issue because I want other things like a new wireless hahaha decisions decisions :?

That is a tough decision. I am extremely happy with my new Reborn Rectos as opposed to my older 3 channel Triple Rec that I used to have. The two overdriven channels are still distinct to my ears. The orange channel has more midrange, and the Red channel is more scooped (with the same settings). I use Vintage mode on both channels for metal, and it works great. It just comes down to your preference and budget. If you can hold out and find a used Multi-watt, that might be better on the wallet. There is a difference in tone though, and in my opinion the Reborn Rectos have the sweeter tone of the two.

-AJH

I've played several Rectos in my time. Always had a love hate realtionship with them. The first ones (early two channel) always sounded best, but I always wanted/needed more features.

Decided to check out the newer "Multiwatts" around a year ago. Long story short, I now OWN TWO OF THEM. lol.
In my opinion, they are the best Recto ever made. Tighter, clearer (while still being warm), less fizzy, better effects loop, etc.

They are not cheap (I sold a lot of gear off to by both of mine. Glad I did) but after gigging and recording with the newer model, I wouldn't even bother with ANY of the older versions. Not that they were bad, it's that the newer model is that good.

MesaENGR412 said:
I use Vintage mode on both channels for metal, and it works great.

Not to hijack this thread, but I also use Vintage mode when playing metal. The brighter, clearer nature of the newer Recto allows this channel to be a monster. (The older Recto's Vintage channel could get a little mushy and un-defined at times).

See i didn't like my 2 channel it was too tempromental sure it was not a pre 500 but it was tough to dial something in so if thats how the new ones are i want no part of that.

After owning MANY Boogie products including a Rev G Triple, I can say that my 'reborn' Dual is killer. The tone is much tighter and less muddy as previously mentioned so much so that sometimes I cant believe its actually a Rectifier Im playing and not a Solodano or something just because the gain is so much more liquidy. I never run a boost in front and its got enough gain and is plenty tight!!

I would highly recommend this amp! :D

I must have lucked up on a really good 3 Channel Triple Rec because IMO it is very tight... and I own a Mark V so I have something proper to compare it to. I haven't tried the Reborn series but I can't imagine there being that much more of an improvement. I kind of like the HUGE tight (but not Mark V tight) sound of my Triple Rec. I can shake every window in my house with a huge amounts of non flubby low-ended gain.

Well its really tempting but i am gonna have to wait my work is being a dick about hours ahhhhh i want one so bad

SonVolt said:
I must have lucked up on a really good 3 Channel Triple Rec because IMO it is very tight... and I own a Mark V so I have something proper to compare it to. I haven't tried the Reborn series but I can't imagine there being that much more of an improvement. I kind of like the HUGE tight (but not Mark V tight) sound of my Triple Rec. I can shake every window in my house with a huge amounts of non flubby low-ended gain.

I'm with you there. i dont think I 'd want my amp any thighter. and def not any brighter . how much brighter can an amp be **** ??

but I'd love the updated, i.e better, effects loop and the switchable rectifier on each channel. love tube rectifier on channel 2 vintage but not on channel 1 clean and 3 modern

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJInfJSkMsI

One of Don's videos.
You can really hear how much brighter the new Recto is. It also has less emphasis on the low mids which makes for a much tighter and crunchier amp!

<3 to new jobs!!

Well, the Reborn definitely has its own thing going. You might want to try and track one down used? Just a thought.

Like I said, it wasn't worth a whole $1,000 more over my old 2 channel so I got another amp instead that did the other tones I need.

The new 3 Channel rectos are the tightest and brightest of the lot of them, and the Clean / Raw voicings are greatly improved.

SIGNED :)

Love my reborn rector a little bit more than the dual channel i played at my buddies house before i bought mine. All rectos are rectos, but the reborn model sounds a bit more like the first series (wich is more than just incredible), the clean is lone-star-voiced.

It's more versatile than ever, anbd every channel absolutely slays \m/

Latest posts

Back