• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Genuine Imitation Mark I on Ebay!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOEY B.

Reaction score
Looks like the Meisa-Boogie to me. :shock: Someone needs to inform the seller, as I don't think he knows about these amps.

From the Boogie Files :

"The Alembic Report was a turning point in the history of MESA/Boogie. After its apprearence in 1975, MESA was flooded with orders and eventually moved from the Smith's house in Lagunitas to Petaluma to deal with the flood of interest and to have a more secure place to create the amps. theft was a big problem, as well as the appearence of "fake" Boogies made in Japan by Meisa Engineering!!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110232123898&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

I have wondered about this piece myself.I have seen several real early Boogies including a snakeskin Fender mod and the rear panel was quite different to this one.And the cabinet looks too tall for an early head. :?:

Looks just like the one I bought at a swapmeet. It had a JBL D-120 in it. Sold the amp for the $100 I paid without speaker....I rebuilt the amp so it was working when I sold it. It still sounded like home made #*%+. pb

i believe that is a mitchell amp... I had a pro 100 that looked just like that. i believe they were sued for them.......

Latest posts

Back