GCX & Amp Gizmo or RG-16?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongo1

Reaction score
I tossing around the idea of ending the tap dancing and take my effects to the next level. Right now like the Ground Control Pro has my interest as a controller, but I'm tossed by the choice of switchers.

Would it be better to run a GCX and do all of my amp switching with a Gizmo, or just buy an RG-16?
Looking long term, if I wanted to expand the available effects choices, would it be better to daisy chain GCX units or add a GCX to an existing RG-16?

I like the idea of the RG-16 being able to control more than one amp, but right now that's not needed.

I'm a MIDI control noob so all advice is welcome.

Thanks,

If you're not afraid to beta test, I'm offering really good prices on the amp/effect switcher I'm developing. See my sig or pm for details...

Well its 900 vs 800 i think the rjm is a little more expensive but the rjm is alot easier to use .. I was in the same debate but decided pressing 3 buttons opposed to one isnt worth 1000$
The owner of rjm emailed me back and fourth with everything from all the specs to exactly how i would want to run my rig with a chart and all.. (i know alot of people use the gcx) ... If you need more more than 5 presets i would go for the gcx combo is not then i would go for the rjm mastermind combo.

Also the rjm lets you change the amp channels with a custom made cable for your specific amp, And unlike the gcx it doesnt take up the amount of loops to do that.. So if you have a 4 channel amp you only be left with 4 loops in the gcx as opposed to all 8 in the rjm. Sorry if im sounding like a salesman if i had the money i would buy a rjm!

Sebby123 said:
Also the rjm lets you change the amp channels with a custom made cable for your specific amp, And unlike the gcx it doesnt take up the amount of loops to do that.. So if you have a 4 channel amp you only be left with 4 loops in the gcx as opposed to all 8 in the rjm. Sorry if im sounding like a salesman if i had the money i would buy a rjm!

I'm trying to decide if the GCX and RJM Amp Gizmo -or- just the RG-16.
If I went with the GCX/Gizmo route, I would still have all 8 loop channels.

This is true either way you will be very happy with the ease of your setup :)
Let me know how it goes!
Im thinking about the gcx as well due to its cheaper the only draw back is im wondering if it can change presets on a fx processor

get the rg-16... killer piece of equipment. IMO better design than the gcx because you have all 8 loops at your disposal for effects because the cable to the amp is done through its own jack. well worth the money

I may eventually end up doing both.

I was watching ebay the other night seeing what was out there and I saw a listing pop up for a Ground Control Pro AND a GCX Audio Switcher with a $450 BIN. I nailed it! The seller bought it new (2) months ago and it was too much for him to deal with. It's already on its way. He's also offered to sell me the (2) sliding shelves he bought at a great price. I figure I can get moved into the rack and patch into the GCX. If I find I need more loops or don't want to sacrifice the loop channels for amp switching, I can add an RG-16 down the road.

I just couldn't pass up the deal.

well hell for $450 i would jump on it as well. Awesome deal man... i see more and more of them popping up. People's wallets are hurting

The vortex of deals must be moving in my direction.

I found a JC-120H on Craigslist. The guy was traveling from Oklahoma to Austin and was planning on selling it in Austin since no one in his small home town had any idea what it was. I stumbled upon it just after he listed it and struck a deal. It's got some age discoloration, but otherwise is super clean. It sounds AWESOME! He passed through my town and delivered it to my door.

$350 with a road case....
I'm a happy camper!

jc-120h.jpeg

Back