GAS, or AAS? The only Limited Ed. V in Australia.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the comments, I know I was lucky with this find. I'm really surprised it was still available after these years.
The amp will get used but I have plans for protecting it's wellbeing. I am thinking about a customising an oversize case and putting the wheels out as far as possible. This will probably result in not being able to use rounded corners, with more angular edges could be a real ankle killer. One of my friends manages and fits out stage gear said he will keep an eye out for a suitable case. Have planned to jam in a few weeks so need to have something by then otherwise its back into the shipping box.

OryCheyne said:
Thanks for the comments, I know I was lucky with this find. I'm really surprised it was still available after these years.
The amp will get used but I have plans for protecting it's wellbeing. I am thinking about a customising an oversize case and putting the wheels out as far as possible. This will probably result in not being able to use rounded corners, with more angular edges could be a real ankle killer. One of my friends manages and fits out stage gear said he will keep an eye out for a suitable case. Have planned to jam in a few weeks so need to have something by then otherwise its back into the shipping box.

I've used this for over 5 years now with my Mark V.

http://www.audiopile.net/MB-MV

Even shipped my amp 6 hours north and then back via UPS in this case.
It's been nothing but excellent. I did wear one of the wheel brakes out
within that time.

One caveat: With the case my Mark V weighs 108 pounds / ~50 kilos.

Looks real good. It might even cost less if I get one shipped from the US. Will talk with my friend and see what he thinks. Not sure if my larger base idea is practical.
Thanks for the link.

So that's why I didn't see it in store the other day!

Trumps Music is fantastic. Tony is a great guy, and the amp tech they have on call does great work as well. I had a problem with my IIC+, dropped it in on a Saturday, got it back just over a week later. It helps that I live just around the corner from there too!

I always stopped to have a look at that limited edition Mark V in store whenever I went in - they always had the plastic cover over it to keep the dust away and to keep it as new despite it being on the floor.

Chris

Sorry bout that, it was only a matter of time before I bought a new amp and I couldn't help myself when I saw it was still available.

Lucky you for having a great shop like Trumps close by.

I actually dropped off my 22 on the same day I picked up the MkV for Terry to look at. It had been popping and fizzing out after about 15min of playing. After speaking with him today on the phone he is expecting to find that one of the preamp valves is to blame. I feel pretty stupid for not swapping a good one through before wasting his time. Anyhow I agree with you, he is on the ball. I'm expecting a call from him on a price to replace the reverb assembly. Even with the MkV in the stable the 22 still has it's place.

Back