G Major vs Boss ME50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jab

Reaction score
I see G Major mentioned so many times on this site, that I have to ask about it. I have an ME50 multiple effects unit that just sounds and feels a bit cheesy (and not as flexible tone-wise) so went back to individual effect pedals. What does G Major have that ME 50 doesn't? Is this a unit where you preprogram multiple effects settings like the ME50 and switch to them on the fly with a footpedal? Are the effects of comparable quality to individual pedals? Most of all, I don't want anything messing with my Mesa tone.

Esseintially they are both muti-effects units but there's a ton of thngs that set them apart. Check out the TC electronics website for an in depth breakdown of what the the G-Major can do.

To be frank, anything I've ever seen/heard about an ME50 has been bad. The only thing I can see it being useful for is an introduction to effects for a new guitarist. The G-Major is used by many guitarists in semi-professional/professional rigs. Whole different league IMO.

definitely no comparison. I wouldn't waste my time with a ME50, unless you are not a tone nazi, and don't care if it makes your amp sound like a cardboard box... figuratively speaking of course. :)

I have an ME50 and it's a piece of dung. Garbage.

It's only use for me is as a stand alone practice unit with headphones when you locked away somewhere with people sleeping. That's it.

The G Major is a great unit. Unfortunately I sold mine as it seemed to suck the tone on my forth channel of my Roadster. It just happens that's the channel I used the most :evil:

Ciao ...

Latest posts

Back