G Major newbie question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalhead51105

Reaction score
ok so i know alot of people have asked about help with their g major and i did my homework but still have some questions before i make my purchase. i own a dual rectifier 3 channel and apparently the g major can only do amp switching between 2 channels. but lets say i only want to use effects on my clean channel (channel 1) and my lead channel (channel 3) and keep my main dirty (channel 2) dry. essentially i would not have a problem correct?

also i know that when i get a g major i would need a midi board and being as im strapped for cash i was thinking a behringer fcb1010 since alot of people on the board have had good results. is this the most bang for the buck? i looked into a ground control g major setup but i dont have the money for that as appealing as it
is.

lastly, lets assume i'm completely ignorant (as i am) to midi and effects loops. what else will i need to purchase to make it work with my dual rec? types of cables etc.

just for reference, with my midi board i would like to be able to set patch 1,2, and 3 completely dry meaning nothing but the tones of my dual rec channels. patch 4 as my effects clean and patch 5 as my effects-dirty lead tone. from there i can play around with patches 6,7,8,9, and 10. this is where my problem lays with my midi board selection i think as i could not ever select channel two on my fcb1010. is there any type of setup with the g major i could use for a little over $500 that would meet my needs/wants? (in essence i would like to replace my boogie channel footswitch with the midi board and have some extra room for effects)

anyway let me know if you guys have any suggestions or help you can offer
tony

For channel switching you'll need a 1/4" stereo - dual 1/4" mono cable and it will switch all 3 channels (channel 2 is default, so hook the tip to channel 1 and the ring to channel 3, when both are off channel 2 is selected). Any 1/4" cables will work for the send and returns. I leave the f/x on, then have patches on the g-major where I have delay set to 7ms, so there's no difference in volume when the f/x are on or off (if you have all the f/x off on the g-major with the killdry on and you have the loop on you'll get a thinner sound). Any midi controller will work, nothing wrong with the behriner, I use an old ada mc-1 that I picked up for $20 on CL.

hey just to let you know the parallel loop on the DR isn't very compatible with digital fx at least for me the noose it produced just ruined the "experience" for me so just something to think about

Latest posts

Back