Fuses for TC 100

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonny7

Reaction score
HI , exactly what fuse is needed for the TC 100 ( imagine its the same for both) I know its a 2 amp slow blow but how many volts? size? ( like Rectifier uses a 250v 4 amp slow blow
1 1/4 "x 1/4")

thanks

What voltage does your amp use?

If it’s a domestic amp (120V) it’s a standard 4 Amp 1/4” slo-blo, 250V is common.

Dom

IMG_6450.jpeg

Thanks Dom, BUT manual says its a 2 amp slo blow fuse ( the recs take a 4 amp) can you make sure that is a 2 amp? I really appreciate, I am in a bind and there is no fuse in the TC
What voltage does your amp use?

If it’s a domestic amp (120V) it’s a standard 4 Amp 1/4” slo-blo, 250V is common.

Dom

View attachment 2170

My 120V TC-100 says 4A on the amp itself.

What does it say on the back of your amp next to the fuse holder? That is the proper rating.

I think the 2A in the text of the manual is a typo. The picture in the manual also shows a 4A fuse.

Do you have the old fuse? It will say on the end of the fuse.

My 100W Roadster Recto uses a 4A fuse as well.

Dom

IMG_6476.jpeg

[edit] removed incorrect info.

Last edited:
Thanks, I dont have the fuse thats why i was asking. Thank you so miuch I thought the 2 amp didnt sound right. All my mesa s were 4amp

Really appreciate it, your good deed of the day!!!!!!

The Fuse spec should be printed on the back panel next to the power. It is located under the fuse. Never mind, I see someone pointed that out already, sorry for the repeat.

Trying to find them at a local hardware store may be more difficult. Fuse is actually a 4A Slow-Blow type, 250VAC, 3AB, 3AG fuse. Most if not all fuses generally have a 250VAC voltage rating. You may not be able to find any specifically for 120VAC. If you do actually find such, it will not be the 3AG size.

I tried to find such here in NC, having to pay $20 for a mixed batch of tubes I will never use and the one that I needed was not a Slow-blow. Decided to go to my usual resource I use at work and bought the fuses in bulk. Saved me lots of money and now I have 100 of each fuse, 4A and the 2A (TC50). It is always best to look for these sort of parts from a major distributor than one that charges an arm and a leg for just one fuse. ( I did not mind the extra fuses, I have several amps that make use of the 4A.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products.../778305?s=N4IgTCBcDaIGIEYDsA2AHAWgHYBMQF0BfIA

bandit2013 thanks for the info!!! By any chance can you tell me where you ordered the bulk from? lol​

I have a few boogies, and a marshall, peavey etc :)

The Fuse spec should be printed on the back panel next to the power. It is located under the fuse. Never mind, I see someone pointed that out already, sorry for the repeat.

Trying to find them at a local hardware store may be more difficult. Fuse is actually a 4A Slow-Blow type, 250VAC, 3AB, 3AG fuse. Most if not all fuses generally have a 250VAC voltage rating. You may not be able to find any specifically for 120VAC. If you do actually find such, it will not be the 3AG size.

I tried to find such here in NC, having to pay $20 for a mixed batch of tubes I will never use and the one that I needed was not a Slow-blow. Decided to go to my usual resource I use at work and bought the fuses in bulk. Saved me lots of money and now I have 100 of each fuse, 4A and the 2A (TC50). It is always best to look for these sort of parts from a major distributor than one that charges an arm and a leg for just one fuse. ( I did not mind the extra fuses, I have several amps that make use of the 4A.
thanks again,

Is it the same fuse that the dual recs take? I am in area, horrible wifi and in a bit of a bind. Having difficutly looking stuff up and the head was a bit damaged so I could read the markings

Yes, it is the same fuse. 4 amp slow blow, 3AG, 230VAC. Standard rating for fuses. At least it is for the Roadster and MWDR. Not sure about the others. I would assume they are the same as well.

Yes, it is the same fuse. 4 amp slow blow, 3AG, 230VAC. Standard rating for fuses. At least it is for the Roadster and MWDR. Not sure about the others. I would assume they are the same as well.
Thanks Bandit AND thanks Dom,
btw Dom saw the post where the guy was a jerk and you asked who pissed in his cornflakes, that was a geeat response.

I have not been here in while, thankfully didnt need it, so than you again!!!!!

Thanks Bandit AND thanks Dom,
btw Dom saw the post where the guy was a jerk and you asked who pissed in his cornflakes, that was a geeat response.

I have not been here in while, thankfully didnt need it, so than you again!!!!!
Always glad to help.

I have no idea what that other person’s problem was.

Then he calls me out for suggesting he go elsewhere to find his answer as not helpful, right after he posted he found his answer on another forum… exactly what I suggested.

I try not to lose my faith in humanity, but these are the times that test me LOL.

Always glad to help.

I have no idea what that other person’s problem was.

Then he calls me out for suggesting he go elsewhere to find his answer as not helpful, right after he posted he found his answer on another forum… exactly what I suggested.

I try not to lose my faith in humanity, but these are the times that test me LOL.
strange times, lol btw You have any info on new tubes fro mesa? ( red bse TADs?) 6l6 str448?

https://www.digikey.com/en/products.../778305?s=N4IgTCBcDaIGIEYDsA2AHAWgHYBMQF0BfIA
I ordered fuses they are slo blo but they are slightly smaller and are marked as T4aL instead of 4aMDL. Seems T is a slo blow too but made in chine. The fuse is slightly smaller. Here is a pic. Any thoughts info appreciated
71946757267__ACF974B4-3984-4AA1-A6CF-E9C8F0DA572B.jpeg

I ordered fuses they are slo blo but they are slightly smaller and are marked as T4aL instead of 4aMDL. Seems T is a slo blow too but made in chine. The fuse is slightly smaller. Here is a pic. Any thoughts info appreciated View attachment 2352
If they fit snuggly in the fuse holder cap and there is enough spring tension to keep the fuse holder cap locked firmly in place you should be fine. If they are loose at all I would not use them.

Otherwise those are rated fine to use. The ‘T’ is for Time Delay, same as slo-blow.

Dom

Back