Fulltone Catalyst

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I bought it and returned it. It was the only fuzz pedal i've ever tried and I hated it. So **** trebley! And all of the recommended settings have the treble maxed. Now, I understand fuzzes can be trebley, but this fulltone is out of control. And If I turned it down, the pedal just became lifeless. And as far as a boost? Forget it. Nowhere near transparent. If you watch and listen carefully to the you tube videos, the teble is there. And it's so expensive too. What a joke! Not for me I guess.

iFreedom said:
Yes, I bought it and returned it. It was the only fuzz pedal i've ever tried and I hated it. So **** trebley! And all of the recommended settings have the treble maxed. Now, I understand fuzzes can be trebley, but this fulltone is out of control. And If I turned it down, the pedal just became lifeless. And as far as a boost? Forget it. Nowhere near transparent. If you watch and listen carefully to the you tube videos, the teble is there. And it's so expensive too. What a joke! Not for me I guess.

....sigh....yea that seems to be the general feeling. Too bad because I really like Fulltone products. I hope this isn't a trend with the company.......thanks.......

If by trend you mean total hit or total miss then yes.......thats Fulltone in a nutshell.

The good pedals like OCD, Fulldrive, Soulbender are Mega Amazing but the bad ones like Catalyst, Octafuzz and a few others are total ****. Go's to extreme's

The Octafuzz is only total shi!t if you don't like pedals based on the Octavia. If you like the Octavia, it's a great pedal.

Latest posts

Back