• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Mesa Stiletto 2x12 Black with Custom Mesa Wicker Grill

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmango

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

I am selling a Mesa Boogie Ace Stiletto 2x12 combo in black with the Ace gold face and the classic looking custom mesa wicker grill upgrade - check out the pics, it looks stunning. There is a little over 3.5 years of transferrable warranty with this amp. It is completely stock in absolutely mint condition. That said, here is some information for the sale.

I bought this amp from the original owner (I know him and he is local to me) in May of 2009. This amp has NEVER left his den and since purchase, mine neither as we are both bedroom hobby players and have never been in bands. I have all paperwork as well as a bill of sale from the original owner to validate the warranty transfer with Mesa. All hang tags, wheel casters, case candy, slip cover, pedal, pedal cover are included as seen in the photos. The only thing I do not have is the crappy stereo cable used to hook up the foot pedal that Mesa provides as it suffered the untimely "stopped working" fate that these cables seem to suffer commonly (do a search on the forums to read about it). It is a cheap replacement cost if you should want one and probably would be replaced by Mesa under the warranty. I never needed it as I played primarily at bedroom volumes and simple waled up to the amp to switch the channels. (the foot pedal IS included by the way). The amp is in perfect working and cosmetic condition - I recently went with a Stiletto head and 2x12 as I bought a new home and have a studio now with more space. I love the Stiletto sound! :)

I am asking $1275.00 Shipped and Paypal'd to your doorstep in the lower 48.

If you have seen these, you know this is a deal considering the upgraded wicker grill and that fact that I am eating the PP fees AND the cost to ship a 2x12 combo. :)

Please email me with any questions and thank you for looking.

TERMS:
1. I am not interested in any trades - please don't ask.
2. I am in Massachusetts right outside of Boston and local pickup is welcome.
3. I have a verified Paypal account with 10+ years of transactions and an Ebay account with over 445 positive feedback transactions spanning the same length of time.
4. This is a first come, first serve offering - meaning, the first person to say "I DEFINITELY WANT IT" has 1 day to arrange payment before I move on to the next person. I am sorry, but I cannot stand dibbers who disappear.
5. NO LOWBALLERS. I am not selling at a profit. The price is fair. Don't lowball me. If it doesn't sell here, I will take it to the bay where they sell for what I am asking or more.
6. Contact me ONLY at [email protected] as I check this often. (Yes, that is my first and last name with my own personally registered domain name so I am not going to rip you off. I have sold many amps on the MB, TGP, BAM and HC forums including high end amps and guitars as well as boutique effects.
7. MY PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING VIA UPS GROUND, INSURED TO THE LOWER 48 ONLY. MY PRICE ALSO INCLUDES PAYPAL FEES.
8. NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING. DON'T ASK.

Drop me a line if you're interested and thanks! -Jerry

IMG_5734.jpg

IMG_5735.jpg

IMG_5736.jpg

IMG_5737.jpg

I'm not interested in the amp, so I hope you don't mind my asking a technical question. I'm not asking this in a snotty way, but what did you gain by going to separates from the combo? I took a quick look at the specs and didn't notice any difference other than your new head being 100 watts vs. the 50 watts of the combo. The combo is a closed back 2x12, and now you have a separate 2x12. There weren't any dimensions listed on the combo page... is the volume of the 2 cabs much different? What's the verdict on the difference in sound?

I don't take any offense at all in your question.

There is a slight difference between the sounds as with the vertical recto cab, one speaker points up opposed to firing straight. It is more of a projection sound difference rather than an actual tonal difference IMO as if I lay the vertical on it's side, it sounds VERY close to the combo. Some folks say the deuce II transformer has more bottom end than the ace - I don't hear that.

I only play on 50 watt with the Deuce II so I even keep the wattages similar. I never play at band level because I am not in one.

There are two primary reasons for my change:

1. I don't have to lean down to change my settings now.

2. I have a disease that makes my buy **** I don't need. I was diagnosed when I was younger, it was pedals. As I got older, it became guitars and amps. This is not the first Deuce II head and 2x12 vertical cab I have had, neither is it the first Ace I have had. I am now down to one guitar (from over 7 at one point) and down to one amp /cab at a time (down from 4 heads /4 cabs), but as you can see, I still have flare ups every now and then even though I have been in remission for about a year...

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply. I forgot about the vertical recto cabs, I was thinking you had a horizontal.

I'm familiar with your syndrome, and I'm trying mightily to have only a controlled outburst of my own in the near future and not a full blown attack.

Chugga-Chugga said:
Thanks for the reply. I forgot about the vertical recto cabs, I was thinking you had a horizontal.

I'm familiar with your syndrome, and I'm trying mightily to have only a controlled outburst of my own in the near future and not a full blown attack.

Good luck. Helps if you have a wife by the way. They usually can dampen an attack pretty effectively.

That is gorgeous. I just don't need another amp or I would seriously consider it.

Maybe if someone buys my Maverick I'll be able to consider it more seriously.

PS where in Mass are you?

brungio said:
That is gorgeous. I just don't need another amp or I would seriously consider it.

Maybe if someone buys my Maverick I'll be able to consider it more seriously.

PS where in Mass are you?

I'm right near Natick - kinda Metro-West. You in Ma also?

Latest posts

Back