• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 Cab, v30's, Slip Cover

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmango

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

***All photos at bottom of thread.

Mesa Boogie Roadster Horizontal 2x12 Cabinet with Slip Cover:
Let me start by saying that thisis in AWESOME condition - nearly "like new". The only thing preventing me from saying it is new is that it is used and I am sure someone out there will find a flaw. It is completely stock and loaded with v30's from Mes

I am asking $400.00 cash and would prefer a local deal (I am in Massachusetts in the Metrowest area). If you want me to ship it, you pay shipping - (should be about $50-$60 UPS ground to the lower 48.

Please email me with any questions and thank you for looking.

TERMS:
1. I am not interested in any trades - please don't ask.
2. I am in Massachusetts right outside of Boston and local pickup is welcome and encouraged.
3. I have a verified Paypal account with 10+ years of transactions and an Ebay account with over 600 positive feedback transactions spanning the same length of time.
4. This is a first come, first serve offering - meaning, the first person to say "I DEFINITELY WANT IT" has 1 day to arrange payment before I move on to the next person. I am sorry, but I cannot stand "dibbers" who disappear.
5. NO LOWBALLERS. I am not selling at a profit. The price is fair. Don't lowball me. If it doesn't sell here, I will take it to the bay where they sell for what I am asking or more.
6. Contact me ONLY at [email protected] as I check this often. (Yes, that is my first and last name with my own personally registered domain name so I am not going to rip you off. I have sold many amps on the MB, TGP, BAM and HC forums including high end amps and guitars as well as boutique effects.
7. NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING. DON'T ASK.

Drop me a line if you're interested and thanks! -Jerry

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

I got it about 6 months ago from the original owner who never used it.

Ironically, I am selling it because I don't use it.

This would get posted right after I got my new one for full price :evil:

JTFischer337 said:
does the roadster cab sound similar to the rectifier cab?

I'm a Roadster 2x12 cab owner of 2 weeks and have played the 2x12 Recto cab many times in different stores, so take this for what it's worth. I think that the roadster cab and recto cab have very similar overall characteristics, which makes sense seeing as how they are made from the same wood, same speakers, same construction... the only difference is the size, just like the recto and stiletto 4x12's. But just like in the 4x12's, the smaller size of the roadster cab rolls off a little of the very high frequencies and is tighter in the bass frequencies, making it less scooped sounding (and a little more well rounded and versatile IMO) than the rectifier cab but still with its same inherent tonal qualities. I was concerned that, using the roadster 2x12 with my Mark V, I wouldn't get enough bass response. After playing through it for a little bit, I wouldn't bee too worried. With the cab on the floor, you can definitely still feel the bass transfer through the room and back up into your hands. In my experience, the recto cabs (2x12 and 4x12) don't so much add bass response as they alter the way it reacts. Some people might like what it does for their tone, but I personally think that it just makes the low mids sound really woofy (in a bad way) and takes away some of the definition of the sound. IMO, Roadster cab > Recto cab.

Good luck with the sale! :D

that actually sounds like what i'm looking for.
thanks for the review, rocknroll.
i might just buy one of these.

Back