• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Ibanez Premium RG920QM in Black Ice finish

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mglenn

Reaction score
Ibanez Premium RG920qm - This guitar is awesome. It really reminds me of classic JP stuff when I plug in. The color is the black ice quilted top finish. It looks very smokey in person. I changed the pickups out to an Air Norton in the neck and the bridge pickup from my original 2005 EBMM. I was trying to get that Ibanez era JP style thing going, but with a 5 way switch. It nails that for sure. The neck carve is very surprising for an Ibanez. It has a thicker neck that most Ibanez guitars I've played. It is bordering on Fender but with a D profile rather than the kind of C carve on a start. It is very comfortable and much easier to play for me than the old Wizard on the import Ibanez guitars. The fretwork is really top notch here too. The rolled edges make it super smooth to play. I'd easily compare it to my EBMM JP6. The fretboard almost feels slightly wider than the JP though... kind of in between a JP and a PRS. The neck carve could also be described as a slightly meatier JP carve. Its a great guitar and I'll ship it my Ibanez case I picked up a long time ago rather than that gig bag they ship it with. I'm asking 600+shipping on this one as well, US only.

http://s874.photobucket.com/user/stuartglenn/library/Ibanez Premium RG920qm

The only trades I'd really consider would be for an AXE FX standard or an Eleven Rack. I need a good quiet rig to play at home (babies everywhere!) and while I love the simplicity that made me switch from my old AXE FX, I miss the great tone and low volumes. The Eleven Rack would do just as nicely I think for my purposes and probably save me a LOT of money, so that one is definitely on the table as well.

Thanks and feel free to ask questions!

Back