• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Engl Retro Tube 100 Head 4 x EL34

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robberns

Reaction score
Bought this amp new (it was a floor model) about 3-months ago, it has never left my house.
In what I would call "Mint" condition, and I have the original box and 2 spare ECC83 tubes.
Includes over $200 in extras, which are the 4-button footswitch (not the over-priced Engl one, but one made by SwitchDoctor), and a StudioSlips padded cover (Susan at StudioSlips makes the best covers in the world IMHO).
Why am I selling it? It is just too much amp for me in my little practice room. If I was still playing out, I would keep it.
The Clean Channel has tons of headroom, and the Lead Channel has way more Gain than I would ever use.
Some nice features include 2 Master Volumes that you can foot switch, a Gain Boost (also foot switchable), and a Tone Switch (a Mid-boost really), also foot switchable.
You'll notice some black plastic plugs on the back of the amp, those can be easily removed. They were there to prevent me from plugging into to wrong jacks in the dark.

$1750 Shipped in the CONUS, or $1700 local pickup in New England (I'll drive within reason). I have 100% Positive Feedback on 299 transactions on ebay (under bertco), and have bought/sold many things on The Gear Page.
From the Engl Website:
Retro Tube 100 E765
ORGANIC... ALMOST ALIVE
Take a step into a world of some of the most*amazing tones ENGL has ever created and*journey into vintage soundscapes.
The new ENGL Retro Tube 100 head features two channels of retro sound*variety. Channel One offers warm and silken or well-dressed,*sparkling*clean sounds and very harmonic crunch sounds with ENGL's version of*Class A character. *Channel Two*is a perfectly*suited warm overdrive channel offering a*wide*range of retro tones for the ambitious guitar player.
100% cutting in the studio. 100% convincing on the stage. 100 watts of Retro Tube power. *It's so organic, it's almost alive.
Specifications
Preamp:
• 2 Channels, Clean, Lead, Gain boost switch for both channels
• Bright switch for the clean channel, Tone switch for the lead channel
• Separated Gain and Volume controls for each Channel,
• Two 3-band EQs (Bass, Mid, Treble)
• Noise Gate with threshold adjust for the lead channel with gain boost on
• FX loop (serial to parallel adjustable) switchable via foot switch
• 4x ECC83 tubes

Master Section:
• 100 Watts (4x EL34 tubes),
• Second Master Volume available via foot switch and controllable at the rear panel

Outputs:
Speaker Outs (1x4, 1x8, 1x16, 2x8, 2x16)

Compatible foot switches:
Z-3, Z-4, Z-9 S.A.C.

Dimensions & Weight: 71 x 27 x 29 cm, 21kg
IMG_1575_zpsbab40637.jpg

IMG_1573_zpsf8e928e6.jpg

IMG_1570_zps7e15eef8.jpg

IMG_1574_zps56eafa03.jpg

IMG_1578_zpsfba5afde.jpg

IMG_1579_zps1e7d06a8.jpg

IMG_1585_zps58eb60bc.jpg

IMG_1586_zpsd42eb855.jpg

Back