• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: 1985 Burny Super Grade (les Paul), 2006 Gibson Flying V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czarivan

Reaction score
Thinning the herd again. Pm me or email [email protected] for questions, info, etc.
1: 1985 Burny RLG-50.

The guitar is super clean. The poly finish is a super glossy black with only a handful of dings. The finish has aged nicely as all the binding is a nice amber. I have tried to take pictures of them, but as you can see, its nearly impossible. There is one on the neck at the heel, and a 2 on the back edge along the top. Lastly, a small chip in the finish on the headstock. At some point in its life, both strap buttons were moved slightly north of their previous locations and the holes filled.

The guitar has all the original electronics. The pickups are hot and the pots are perfect. They've got the least amount of turn resistance i've ever felt and are smooth from 0-10, no crackling. The hardware is amazing. Beautifully pitted and aged. No mechanical issues. People pay ridiculous money for aged parts that dont look nearly this good.

It weighs in somewhere around 9lbs range. Not heavy at all. Much lighter than my '57BB historic. Thin binding in the cutaway, pointers under the tophats, original cellulose inlays, binding nibs... a lot of features make this guitar look/feel much like a 50's reissue les paul... but check the price... much better deal. Neck profile is somewhere between 50's and 60's. A nice round profile that isn't huge.

The original pickguard is gone, but I'll send it with a black lp custom multi ply guard that looks great, and also a creme guard. you can take your pick if you want it guardless, or with either one. Personally, i like it guardless.

I recently had a few things done to the guitar to make it a true champ. First, I had a new bone nut cut and the frets were all gone over, leveling, crowning, dressing, polishing... The intonation on it is set perfectly. Then, the old beat tuning machines were replaced with tonepros locking keys. They're smooth and now the stays perfectly in tune. I dont have a hard case for this, but it'll ship in a gigbag and boxed up like a tank.

Looking for $850 shipped CONUS or best offer. Payment via paypal gift.

and now for pics... click on the thumbs for bigger pics.... and if you need more pics, let me know.
DSC07499.jpg

2: 100% stock, '06 Gibson Flying V

Lightweight, gorgeous dark fretboard. The guitar is in excellent condition, the only "issue" is light buckle rash (non through the wood) on the back. All electronics operate smoothly and the guitar sounds fantastic.

Comes with gibson screenprinted flying V gigbag. Dont worry about shipping. I'll box this up like its going into a warzone.

$800 obo paypal gift and shipped CONUS.

now pics:

$50 bucks off each price listed above. Also, the V now comes with a gibson hardshell case instead of the bag.

Latest posts

Back