From Tremoverb to Roadster and back?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grindliner

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, Has anyone gone from the Tremoverb to Roadster and and then back to the Tremoverb ? or have you went to the Roadster and never looked back?

I had a Tremoverb, sold it, got a Mark IV, which isn't really doing it for me, and am pondering whether to go Roadster, or buy my Tremoverb back from the guy I sold it to.

I have owned both, along with many others. The roadster is a great amp, so many features and sounds. I really liked it for home use and recording but I found it was a little to busy on stage. I would end up using one channel pushed and use pedals for drive. The gain on the roadster is extremely similar to a 3 channel Dual Rec. The TOV is a 2 channel DR, the differences between can be found all over this forum.
After having test drove every Mesa under the sun I am going back to the Tremoverb. I find the layout to be very simple and I prefer the tone of the older recs. Plus the reverb is great and the trem is down right awesome. Nothing beats a real tube tremolo. The price difference used is pretty considerable.
The Roadster has options and tones for days but I am digging the mojo of the TOV

I did, but now I spend my time between the two.

I own both, and they are different enough for me to justify both.

**** if that old T-verb can't blow it out of the water! :twisted:

The roadking just has allot of options and is very versatile and sounds smoother.

Its like picking the hottest playmate.

I sold my Mark IV for the Roadster and i'm very happy with it. It has pretty much all I need

Latest posts

Back