Footswitch Issue Road King v2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeswan

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm new to the forum, and as you're about to find out, not technically adept in any way. I have a few boogie amps - Road King 2, Mark 5 and TA-15. Only the TA-15 does any travelling. The others are studio amps. I've been mostly using my Mark 5 for the past few months and today decided to switch it out for the road king 2, but there's a problem with the footswitch. As far as I know it hasn't been banged up at all, and it worked a few months ago, but now it will not select channels on the amp - the back panel is set for footswitch, and when I toggle it the channels will change normally. I tried the mark 5 footswitch with the same cord, and it will toggle channels 1-3, but if I use the roadking switch, the four channel lights stay lit, and I'm unable to toggle channels. All the hard-switch buttons work (reverb, fx, solo) but none of the soft-touch channel buttons. I can hear a faint click through the amp when I try to select channel 3, but that's it.
Any ideas how to fix? I live in NB Canada, and there are no mesa techs within a thousand miles. I'd just order a new footswitch, but you can't order direct to Canada.
Thanks.
Jake

Welcome jakeswan.
Maybe you should contact Mesa and ask one of their techs for advice.
Meanwhile, someone here may chime in and know exactly what to do.
My only guess is the relays aren't getting enough voltage, but I swear, I am only guessing.
Hopefully it's something simple.

Thanks. I've put in a technical repair ticket. Hopefully we can at least arrange shipping for a replacement foot switch to canada.

Back