Foot Switches for the Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrapinger

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

I've got a 2007 Mark IV and I want to get a footswitch for the reverb and class A functions. Boogie has footswitches, but they are $60 each an rather narrow-tippy in my opinion.

My question is....Is there a single box out there with two latch type switches, but seperate outputs for each switch?

Boogie explained a way to perhaps build one, but not being too much of a tech/electrician type guy, I was hoping for a ready-made model. All the dual types I've found have one cable and LED lights. From what Boogie says..LED's are bad for these circuits.

Any help/ideas/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, these are easily available. They are basic on/off footswitches with an open/close switch. You can find them on ebay all day long- either a single or double. You could even buy two doubles and attach them. Marshall makes them, there are no-name brands, etc..

Also, they are about the easiest thing in the world to make, if you can solder. This could be a nearly foolproof home project way to start learning about this stuff. All you need is a SPST switch (footsturdy), two conducter cable and a 1/4" plug (2 of everything actually for two switches, or one cable with 4 conducter wire. Solder one cable to one post on the switch and to one connector on the plug, and then solder the other. Ba-bing- an open/close circuit. Then you buy a small electronics product box, drill two holes for the switches, one hole for the cable, and install. (Okay, you actually have to buy the box, drill the holes and pull the cable through its hole before soldering, but I figured you would logic that one).

Good luck, have fun with it!

Ya know I thought they wouldn't be too hard to make. But I live way out in the sticks and don't have shops to go to for parts and don't always know what to order online etc.

I did a little digging and found the Radial Big Shot Aby which should do the trick. It runs about $79.99. Looks pretty sweet and rugged and is true bypass.

Good for you. here's one for a lot less, like $30. If you search ebay for "dual footswitch" you will find many in the $30 range.
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-footswitch-Two-button-for-Fender-Marshall-amp_W0QQitemZ380145145258QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item58826a95aa&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back