Foot Pedal POP noise

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enigma

Reaction score
I know this topic has been discussed ad nauseum, but now the footpedal for my LSS is popping like cracker jacks@!@@ What gives??? :evil:

Assume that it doesn't pop when using the mini toggle switch on the amp and the stereo cable is good. A footswitch is just a couple mechanical switches. Open it up and check the wiring, make sure that the contact surface are good and solid. A well worn switch can develop capacitance when the contacts are not tight

Although your actual ft sw is comprised of a couple latching switches and LED's the internal switching matrix in the amp is a bit more complex with several relays involved. There are a couple FET's triggered by a "pulse" voltage which momentarily mutes the preamp at two different points to aleviate the pops causes by the relays. One of the J175's could be bad or another part of the pulse circuit. Not a user fix; see a tech.

I should call Mesa, or send the footpedal back to Mesa - it should be covered (?). The toggle on the amp doesn't cause the "pop."

Latest posts

Back