First Axe

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Left handed Peavey Raptor w/3 single coils and a Peavey Rage 158.
Not used to the single coil sound anymore but I thought it was cool.
Nice and light, can really man-handle it.

I wanted an Epiphone SG but my parents didn't want to spend too much in case I didn't stick with it.

Mine was an 87 Yamaha SE250, bought new and sold to a friend

I hear it is now making the rounds in some death/grind bands in ohio and new orleans... :twisted:

mine was a Lyon (made by washburn :lol: ) le-10 strat copy with a peavey rage 158. i thought that amp was broken for the longest time. then i got a new cable. ha ha

Epiphone Les Paul Goth, still my only guitar too. Love everything about it excpet for the fret buzz (factory setup, and you know what that means for LPs). Its getting worse actually. It used to be just the low E string that buzzed (throughout) and now it has spread to the 5th string :( . Doesn't bother me that much thou coz I usually play on the distorted channel, so you (or at least I) can't hear it. Can't be bothered getting it professionally set up (yet). It is starting to get annoying thou, so when I can be bothered getting my EMG81s I'll get it setup and maybe refretted because the frets seem to be getting worn out pretty quickly. Yeh and on the first day the cheepo free epiphone cable stuffed up lol :D . I got my guitar and amp on the same day and that evening my friend pulled on the cable slightly (well he actually sorta tripped over it) and it broke, I thought the input jack on the guitar or the amp stuffed up but then we cranked out the voltmeter or was it ammeter, anyway.

My first electric guitar was a "Memphis" brand...strat shaped body, Les Paul style headstock, and a single blade humbucker. No saddles, just a bar with slots on it for a bridge...Black with an imitation tortose shell pickguard. I thought I was a rock GOD on that thing. (sheesh)

For the first year or so that I was learning guitar my brother loaned me his Squier strat that he didn't use anymore. The first guitar that I actually owned was my silver Gibson SG special that I still have.

My first electric was a Peavey T-15 in 1982. Wouldn't stay it tune for beens but those hot single coils sounded sweet. I still have it and won't part with it! Still the only guitar that I haven't changed pickups on too!

First guitar ever was a nylon string from Sears on Christmas 1974. God awful. I can laugh about it now though.

I started on my sister's Yamaha classical. Not a bad guitar.

The first guitar I owned was a garage-sale St. George (sort of Fender Mustang copy). What a piece of JUNK. I was surprised a couple years ago to see one going for quite a few $$ on eBay.

Soon after I bought a new Japanese Squier strat - a really nice guitar.

This was early 1980s.

My first guitar was a cheap acoustic classical that my mom bought for me so I could take a guitar class in middle school. I played the hell out of that thing...have no idea where it is today. When I was sixteen mom bought me a Kalamazoo electric for $7.50 at the flea market. I had to put it together. All the pieces were there, but it had no strings. The tremolo was held to the body by the strings. I was the only kid in the neighborhood that had a guitar with a whammy bar, so I was cool. It was candy apple red with a white pick guard. My buddy had an old Fender Twin with two instrument inputs and we would both plug into the amp and play. We couldn't touch each other, or the other guy's strings or we would get shocked. It was funny 'cause the buzz would go through the speakers. The girls we were trying to impress got a few laughs out of that. Some years later I loaned that guitar to a friend's little brother who wanted to learn how to play and the axe got broken. The last time I saw it, it was in a pile of trash headed for the dump. I wish I would have tried to salvage it, for a wall piece if nothing else. :(

82 Gibson SG Standard. Bought it with a repaired headstock for 100.00 in 1984. Broke it in 3 pieces about 9 months later.

My brother threw a dart in my water bed, I threw the closet thing I could grab. SG was it.

I will be starting a new thread about the 61' Reissue SG I just bought. :D

I had this guitar that had a speaker built right into the body!!! i wish i still had this thing!

I got hand-me-downs from my brother. He started on an old nylon string guitar that was my parents'. When he "upgraded" (I use that term loosely) to a white Hondo strat with a bridge humbucker I started on the classical guitar. In a couple years he bought an Ibanez shred guitar...you know, with the ultra-thin neck, basswood body that weighed like 2 lbs, floyd rose...I got the Hondo.

My first acustic 6 string was a Jasmine S60 which I got new in 1988 and I still got it. It is a Takamine knock off but the sound is not bad just thin.

My first electric was a Applause Stratocaster all black around 1991. I got the idea from a school mate who had a white one that I was not allowed to touch and I did not. It was hanging in the music room at the school I went too and looked ok. Besides it was in my price range at the time. So I got that and 2 tab books with Metallica songs to learn.

The Applause got traded in for a Ibanez V in sunburst around '93 and the last time I saw it was in the store going for the same kind of money that I bought it for some years earlier. I did also try it again and found the pickups weak but otherwise not bad.

I don't miss any guitars that I have owend before even though I have had several good ones along the way.

I can barely remember it. The first guitar I ever bought was a semi hollow shaped like a Frank Gambale signature Carvin. It was probably built in late 60's. It had single coil pickups similar to old Les Paul Studio but thinner. String action was high enough I could fit my hand between the strings and fretboard. That was replaced with an inexpensive strat copy.

My first real guitar (I wish I never sold it) was a Gibson Custom Shop Edition Les Paul Spotlight made in 1984, serial number was 009 (only 52 were made) The headstock was natural mahogany, flamed maple cap with black walnut strip down the center of the guitar, same width of the fretboard. That guitar was awsome.

Mine, is not so pretty. Some cheap-a$$ acoustic that my dad bought for me. I remember thinking that I could read music because I was in choir but all I was doing was following everyone else, by ear, I guess. Turns out, I couldn't read sheet music and that crap guitar made my fingers hurt so I destroyed it, Pete Townsend style.

BTW, I was in 8th grade when the above happened. I don't smash guitars anymore.

My first guitar was some 70's pawn shop fenderish amoeba looking thing. The headstock was similar to a large headstock strat. The body was a mutant cross of a Jazzmaster and an Airline. I really wish I had it now as it is probably a very rare sought after Japanese guitar that is in vogue in the halls of elite corksniffery. Then with my luck it probably is still worth the $50 I paid for it.

Latest posts

Back