Fender Bassman '59 reissue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishguy977

Reaction score
Does anyone on here use this as an actual Bass Amplifier and not as a guitar amp? I would like to know what kind of sound you can get out of this guy with either a Fender Precision Bass or a Fender Jazz Bass. This may be an older thread, but I didnt want to search the whole **** database for it. Any comparisions you could make to an Artist/Band would be helpful.

I saw a guy using one in Nashville, Printers Alley, with a jazz type band and it sounded great. Small Venue now!

I play bass sometimes for a year or so (then go back to lead) and use a Carvin R1000 w/ the 4;10T cab and will shake the Earth.

But, if you are doing a small room, 100/150 I'd think you would be fine, hell, that's what they were made for.

I wish you the best of luck my friend.

p.s. I play a Jazz when I do bass.

Murph.

Cool. Yea, I figured the amp would sound awesome with a bass plugged into it. It even looks badass. Especially the model with the Blondish/Tan tolex.

irishguy977 said:
Cool. Yea, I figured the amp would sound awesome with a bass plugged into it. It even looks badass. Especially the model with the Blondish/Tan tolex.
... Blondish / Tan Tolex ... do you mean "tweed"?

The object of a Bassman in '59, the 10" (4) speakers have faster cone movement compared to 12" or 15". So it response for bass guitar was was excellent but trade-off, it did not go as low frequency wise as 12" or 15".

That is where Classic Ampeg's SVT 8x10" and now today's Trace Elliot, SWR, Eden, Carvin have bass enclosures with 4x10" and tweeter got this idea.

Well, whatever..."tweed." Sorry.

I'm not even a bass player. This is me asking for a friend of mine who isn't very internet savvy looking for a new amp. He plays a Fender P-Bass and I thought this amp may be a good fit.

Not sure what your bassist criteria in a bass amp but if my bassist was considering the Fender '59 Bassman reissue, I would "egg" him on to purchase one, then play it myself since I'm into "Blues" :lol: :wink:

Yep, if he buys it he better realize that thing is going to be passed back and forth from his bass amp to my guitar amp like a 2 dollar *****.

Yep, if he buys it he better realize that thing is going to be passed back and forth from his bass amp to my guitar amp like a 2 dollar *****.

irishguy977 said:
I'm not sure where you could get them that cheap. :lol:
...uh, do they look similar to this?:
(if you look to your left, under her right arm there is a Dual Rectifier Head).
Someone on another board said: "She's a dude!" :x
girls-lalah4.jpg

Latest posts

Back