Fellas, I need some help with a trade for a DC-10

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a chance to make a trade for a "very good condition" DC-10 combo.

Yes it is a beast, and I have known this particular man for 30 years and would trust him with my children, so I am sure when he says the amp is in good shape, it probably looks like new and plays like it to.

I am just curious what "value" you guys would assign to one of these?

To be honest, I had not even heard of a DC-10 until he mentioned it as a possible trade item, so I jumped on google and did some research and it just seems like an absolute beast!! I was hoping for a nice vintage deluxe reverb and he thru this up at me and I have wanted a "real" boogie as long a I have been playing (mostly a IIC+, yeah..I know..), and although this is 100 times what I need, as I am mostly a bedroom player at this point, I just "want it", ya know? What I am trading for is worth right around $800 (it is an AR15, I built it myself, not even test fired it yet) but have a couple already, and this man has already has a Glock from me, so he is more than trustworthy I guess.

So is this going to be a pretty fair trade?

Any info is helpful.

Thank you,

Birdie :)

A DC10 Combo is rare, and usually goes for around 7-800. If you are not going to miss anything with the AR15 I would say go for it. The DCs are a great amp. I gig 2 DC30s and love them.

Thanks Bendo..

I am going after work to see/play it and I think I will go into looking at it like a very good deal!

Like I said in the OP, it is a huge, heavy BEAST, but I can put it on a stand in my man-cave, and I see it has "silent recording" output, so that makes me think I can "crank it" and be able to get that boogie "chunk" and it won't make my eye's bleed or cause a divorce!!!

The owner of the amps says this one is like a "modded twin" for cleans with basically dual rec "growl"..

Sounds too good to be true!!

The DC line is awesome!! The DC-5 with 6L6 tubes is good but the DC-10 with 4 6L6's is great! You'll swear by this amp as it does everything from great cleans to high gain recto sound.

Well, I am stoked now fellas!

I have been an Axe FX II and Helix and Atomic Amplifire guy, now down to just the Amplifire, as everything is happening in the mancave these days, so silence has been a great thing!

IF I can figure a way to incorporate the DC10 into my "silent" jam setup, it will be best of all worlds!

I can always roll the DC10 to a jam session or a gig and have ridiculous loudness if need be, or have it in the rig at the house..!

I am really looking forward to 5pm now!!!!

Ok, so I went and played and saw the amp and got the whole story about this thing!!

When it was new, someone did not remove the packaging from the tubes and turned it on and of course they smoked and melted to the tubes. They sold it (instead of trying to get it repaired) to the head of music at the local college here. He took it to the local music store, where this man was the manager and they got it repaired for him. Soon after, he decided to sell it because it was just so **** loud! hahahaha

So this man bought the amp and has had it for what, almost 33 years!!

He uses it a few times a year, when he has a gig where his twin is just not loud enough, which is FRIGHTENING indeed!!

So this thing looks like NOS at a store. Not a tear, not a rip, not a scuff. Even the footswitch is wrapped in plastic wrap!!

So it is immaculate, to say the least.

It sounds very good, but while we were messing with it, he noticed that the reverb was not working. He dug out the manual, and decided it must have been a tube, so he replaced it with a new groove tubes 12ax7, but that did not get it working. He is going to repair the reverb, and we are going to make the trade, plus he is completely giving a guitar I traded for, the"once over" complete cleaning, fret job, total setup.

I am stoked! On the 60-watt setting, it had some ridiculous balls! I cannot imagine it cranked on the 100 watt setting!!

He has the original cover and foot switch and eye candy, all that was with the amp when it was new.

What do you guys think?

I think that I am coming out on the good end of the deal without a doubt!

DC-10 is over the top killer!
It will push some air!
I haven't even seen a combo in 10 years....

he was playing/showing me this amazing old Silvertone he had come across and on the 60-watt setting, even without the reverb working, it really sounded good. Of course he could probably play a brick and make it sound good!

I am still trying to figure out the "logistics" of just where in the man cave this monster is going to live. I need to have it close to my recording desk, and if I put up 4 or 5 mattress foamies on the walls, I think I can keep my wife and daughter from coming in and stabbing me when I decide to have some "volume"..! LOL..!! :shock:

Latest posts

Back