Family Portraits (aka Post Your Stiletto Rig)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ValveHeavyTone said:
You know you have a great point there because i think the key to great Stiletto tone is some stage volume and with a different look it may have sold more who knows!

I bought mine because two Rectos in the band just wasn't really working for us. One was always stepping on the other, and since the other was a Triple, I was usually the one stepped on. I find the Stage II Fluid Drive and ch3/Modern really shore up the gaps in the eq range of each other.

noodles said:
ValveHeavyTone said:
You know you have a great point there because i think the key to great Stiletto tone is some stage volume and with a different look it may have sold more who knows!

I bought mine because two Rectos in the band just wasn't really working for us. One was always stepping on the other, and since the other was a Triple, I was usually the one stepped on. I find the Stage II Fluid Drive and ch3/Modern really shore up the gaps in the eq range of each other.

I was in a band with a Dual Rec and a Triple Rec, and didn't really have the problem of stepping over each other....then again, we were running different tubes (E34Ls vs. 6L6s) and had them EQ'd very different.

Still, I think we would have benefit from different amps with different sonic territory.

I was using a Roadster, and we both used 6L6s (not a fan of EL-34s in Rectos), so I simply got buried. I really grew to dislike the Roadster, since I was expecting a simpler Road King, and instead got a dark rock amp.

I really like Rectos, but I wouldn't want to have two of them in my band. It's not that it can't be done... I just think it works better when each guitar has a distinct voice.

He still to this day wonders if he should have kept the road king he sold me... Then I got the stiletto and now have one of each..... Next purchase will be a Mark V

noodles said:
I was using a Roadster, and we both used 6L6s (not a fan of EL-34s in Rectos), so I simply got buried. I really grew to dislike the Roadster, since I was expecting a simpler Road King, and instead got a dark rock amp.

Back