F-50 Tubes Pre and Power...What do I use???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdog

Reaction score
My question is this: What is the best tube I can use for the V1-4 selection and then the 2 6L6 tubes? The reason for the question is I am getting a bit of buzz / hum out of the crunch and contour modes and this is happens with different new cords and several guitars. I feel a matched set of 12AX7 tubes might be a good idea and will worry about 6L6 section later if I need to.
Thanks
G

I installed all JJs in my F-30 when I had it and it made it dead silent!! The tone was cleaner, tighter, and crunchier. HIGHLY recommend JJs for the F series, DC series, and Stilettos!!!

MusicManJP6 said:
I installed all JJs in my F-30 when I had it and it made it dead silent!! The tone was cleaner, tighter, and crunchier. HIGHLY recommend JJs for the F series, DC series, and Stilettos!!!

Cool thanks! Should I get a matched set of 4? Got a good source?
G

Most will agree that Eurotubes is the best source for JJs since they only sell JJs! LOL. He actually sells full re-tube sets for different amps.

Here's a link to the F-series retube kits:
https://ssl.eurotubes.com/cart/index.php?page=view_products&category_id=6&sub_category_id=34

I would go with just the standard re-tube kit for the F-50. He'll make sure you receive a matched pair of power tubes within Mesa specs, three tested AX7s, and a balanced AX7 for your Phase Inverter slot. The preamp tubes do not need to be matched, only the power tubes. I think you will be blown away at how good these tubes sound in your amp! It will be quieter, tighter, cleaner, crisper, and crunchier! I know I was shocked when I hit the first chord in the clean channel after the swap. The distortion channel was much smoother and creamier too!

Latest posts

Back