Express fuzz like?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXPRESSLOVER

Reaction score
I can't help but notice how big and creamy sounding my express is. The distortion is so unique. It's more of a fuzz sound which equates to a much bigger, fuller distortion sound. Real thick, crunchy and big sounding with amazing creaminess!! However I would like to retain that sound but achieve a more palm muted chug..can anyone recommend a good setting or pedal that will achieve that sound w/o changing the signature tonal character? The music i play now requires alot of rock palm muting..thx

EXPRESSLOVER said:
I can't help but notice how big and creamy sounding my express is. The distortion is so unique. It's more of a fuzz sound which equates to a much bigger, fuller distortion sound. Real thick, crunchy and big sounding with amazing creaminess!! However I would like to retain that sound but achieve a more palm muted chug..can anyone recommend a good setting or pedal that will achieve that sound w/o changing the signature tonal character? The music i play now requires alot of rock palm muting..thx

For what you're looking for I use one of these

http://www.buyanalogman.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AMAstroTone

It's THE best all round Fuzz pedal I've ever used.
It chugs, it cuts thru the mix, it's quiet, true bypass, not too fuzzy and doesn't have over the top gain.
Very usable right thru the whole range.
The sound clips sound close to it's actual tone too - for a change hehe :mrgreen:

Throw an EQ pedal into the loop. That'll tighten it up a bit for palm mutes.

A Danelectro Fish & Chips is really nice for 30 bucks. The MXR 10 band is better but it's 3 or 4 times the price.

Cheers guys...hmmm that fuzz although quite nice, isn't the sound I'm looking for. The eq pedal might work. What about those bb boosters? They are quite expensive though for one job.

Release said:
Throw an EQ pedal into the loop. That'll tighten it up a bit for palm mutes.

A Danelectro Fish & Chips is really nice for 30 bucks. The MXR 10 band is better but it's 3 or 4 times the price.

6-band MXR EQ pedal is cheaper, smaller, runs on 9v and almost as great :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back