EXPRESS 5:50 Speaker?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yardbird mac

Reaction score
What's the current consensus on the BLACK SHADOW speaker in the 5:50, and how long does it take to break in? I've read some of the posts on speakers in the search function and I'm a little confused. The Eminence CANNABIS REX. is mentioned several times, but I'm a little nervous about trying that one out in the MESA. I've used them in 2 channel FENDER amps (with OD channels) and liked them a lot... but that was FENDER.

Thanks!

yardbird mac said:
What's the current consensus on the BLACK SHADOW speaker in the 5:50, and how long does it take to break in? I've read some of the posts on speakers in the search function and I'm a little confused. The Eminence CANNABIS REX. is mentioned several times, but I'm a little nervous about trying that one out in the MESA. I've used them in 2 channel FENDER amps (with OD channels) and liked them a lot... but that was FENDER.

Thanks!

I like the Black Shadow, but I have no idea how long it takes to break in (mine was well worn in when I bought the amp).

I just switched the Eminence Private Jack out of my Deluxe Reverb into the 5:50, and it is a great speaker for this amp. I was worried at first because the PJ is a really efficient speaker and the 5:50 is too loud as it is, but it is no worse than the stock speaker in that regard. I recommend it highly. Very nice classic brit tones. I run mine on crunch with moderate gain and contour off, and burn with higher gain and a boost with contour on (for solos mainly).

Thanks... I'm also looking at the SCUMBACK M75. I'm seeing some great reviews for that one also.

Back